Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gene Simmons "Family Jewels"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,631 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 03:37 AM

Anyone catching this at all? I have found it extremely entertaining and I am typically not at all interested in reality TV, scripted, unscripted or otherwise. Gene is a very interesting personality who exudes strong confidence and powerful neuroses simultaneously. His family consists of his significant other, Shannon Tweed (oh yes, that Shannon Tweed) and their two children, Nick and Sophie, who are amazingly well adjusted (if you use the Osbornes as the ruler for rocker kids anyway). I searched to see if anyone had posted a thread on this and apologize if a duplicate to an existing conversation.
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted August 16 2007 - 04:18 AM

I watch this. I actually like it as well. You are right about the kids. They are both "normal". Nick seems like a really nice guy. This show is partially scripted. But I still like it anyway. I sometimes feel sorry for Gene. He gets zero respect at home. I can see why he goes on business trips a lot. Away from home is treated like a king, then he goes home to be treated like a doormat.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 04:20 AM

I thought Gene and Shannon broke it off years ago.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,631 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 07:11 AM

Scott-S,

Yeah it is very funny how he is the butt of jokes and affectionate sarcasm from the whole family and everywhere else, he's "God of Thunder/Dr. Love". Nick is a very cool kid, not to mention a big guy - 6'7''!! I saw the episode the other night when they wer in London and Nick met a local girl who arranged for him to go crewing on the Thames. The crew team leader was going to give him shoes until Nick told him he needed size 15....

Sophie is a sweetie too and seems to have inherited some of her mother's...."characteristics". Posted Image That same episode where Gene was the meddlesome stage father when Sophie was posing for the modeling shots in Paris was pretty good.

JonZ - Apparently not as they are now on season three and while they are not married they are clearly a couple. Their relationship seems very genuine and adds to the enjoyment of the show IMO.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor

• 654 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 09:09 AM

My wife got me hooked on this show. I love the banter between everyone, and Gene's mansion is beautiful. I read his books years ago, and it's interesting to sometimes see him conduct business and bow to his money god. But when we see him occasionally pull out that fat wallet, I wish I were on the receiving end.
Heads I win, tails you lose.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,631 posts

Posted August 16 2007 - 11:27 PM

Jeff, Yeah, Gene has got some serious cash alright and that mansion is gorgeous. Did you see the episode where Shannon talked him into a trip away from the kids and it turned out to be a fat farm/spa? Gene was dropping alot of green on the kid from the front desk to get him to smuggle in some fast food and a TV - great stuff.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 366 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted August 22 2007 - 06:19 AM

Carrot Top...OMG... What has happened to this guy? Is he on 'roids? Did he have some facial work done? Implants? WTF!?!?!? He looks like an ALIEN.
J. Michael Henry

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 06:40 AM

Carrot Top has been lifting weights since the early 90s.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 12:59 PM

got a pic of carrot top?
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Albert Noel

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,066 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted August 22 2007 - 01:14 PM

yea, thats natural..... LOL
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted August 22 2007 - 04:04 PM

Seeing that picture of Carrot Top makes me think of what Greg Giraldo said to him at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav: "how did you find a doctor that could actually add a chromosome"? Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users