-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Silk Stalkings Seasons 6-8

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted November 09 2009 - 04:26 AM

The sets that I have gotten recently from Mill Creek seem to have 5 to 6 episodes per disk.  The Wiseguy season 1 set had 4 disks, which averages out to 5 to 6 episodes per disk.  I just hope these series come out in a timely manner.

#22 of 33 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted November 09 2009 - 10:42 AM

The only two sets I own by Mill Creek are "The Adventures of Robin Hood" season one and "Beyond Reality" season one.  Robin Hood has 13 half hour episodes per disc and Beyond Reality has 11 half hour episodes per disc. 

#23 of 33 kingfish

kingfish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly 

The sets that I have gotten recently from Mill Creek seem to have 5 to 6 episodes per disk.  The Wiseguy season 1 set had 4 disks, which averages out to 5 to 6 episodes per disk.  I just hope these series come out in a timely manner.
How is the picture and sound quality?

#24 of 33 kingfish

kingfish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted November 13 2009 - 04:09 AM

On another note the anchor bay release of hunter the first season had an episode titled Beach Boy on it disc 4. The picture was distorted for some reason. Did anybody else notice? I wonder if it has been fixed for the mill creek release?

#25 of 33 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted November 13 2009 - 08:12 AM

I am still working through season 1.  Just finished disk 2.  Will let you know if I have any problems with disk 4

#26 of 33 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,292 posts

Posted August 30 2010 - 02:42 PM

I am hoping now that Millcreek has the rights they will release the remaining seasons. I fell in love with the show when Tom and Cassie characters were introduced. I do like Rob Estes in the early shows. I purchased Prime Time Crime, which had one episode of Silk Stalkings.

#27 of 33 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,077 posts

Posted August 31 2010 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by younger1968 

I am hoping now that Millcreek has the rights they will release the remaining seasons.

I am hoping that Mill Creek have the rights to the sixth to eighth seasons of Silk Stalkings.

#28 of 33 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,292 posts

Posted September 05 2010 - 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

I am hoping that Mill Creek have the rights to the sixth to eighth seasons of Silk Stalkings.

I think there is a strong possibility that we could see the remaining seasons of Silk Stalkings maybe after Commish and some of the other Cannell shows are releasded. I bought the Prime Time Crime set and it has spike my interest for shows like 21 jump street and the commish. So, i may look at those shows down the road. My focus of my collection is switching to shows that are completed now. I am very hesitant to by 1st season of shows anymore, because it appears to be a game with the studios like sony, fox and WB. I bought so many first season of shows that my collection is probably about 50% completed and about 30% of my collection or may 35 shows that i have only one season.

#29 of 33 WendyCR

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted December 02 2010 - 02:31 PM

Just bringing this up as I notice Amazon has Season 6 up on its Video On Demand site. It's not DVDs, naturally, but maybe if enough buy the episodes, more notice would be taken of any demand? Just a thought.

On a related note, I recently bought Season 1 of "Silk Stalkings" from Mill Creek. I have the Anchor Bay sets, but I figure, as I watch them a lot, a backup never hurts. For the cheap packaging it has versus Anchor Bay, the picture is pretty much as good as, if not better than, the original Anchor Bay Season 1 set.

But one stupid nitpick of mine is this: I don't remember off hand if the pilot episode on the Anchor Bay sets had the slightly different opening for the pilot (been a while since I watched the Anchor Bay S1 set), meaning, instead of the usual mistral font title, there was a different title design and a flip of the woman walking across the screen as the title appeared versus the other episodes...but the Mill Creek set uses the usual opening that was used for the first three seasons. A small foolish thing to annoy, but there it is! LOL!

In any case, I really hope 2011 brings out seasons 6 through 8 and finally allows this series to be complete at long last.

#30 of 33 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 02:15 AM

I bought season 1 to 4 from Anchor Bay.  When I went to get season 5, it shows up at some ridiculous price because it is out of print.  So I would need Season 5 to 8 from Mill Creek.

#31 of 33 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,292 posts

Posted December 04 2010 - 01:58 PM

i like to have the episodes with Janet Gunn. I watch Silk Stalking more when Janet Gunn was on the show. However, i did pick up Stephen Cannell's prime time crime, which had an episode with Rob Estes. I hope the series is released as a complete package or in parts like S1-S4, S5-S8 if the disk would be too many.

#32 of 33 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,594 posts

Posted December 05 2010 - 07:22 AM

"Crime Time after Prime Time?" CBS.

-Forever Knight

-Silk Stalkings

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#33 of 33 harring

harring

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 07:25 AM

I would love to see seasons 2-5 re-released (mainly due to the crazy prices of the out-of-print Anchor Bay releases) and also seasons 6-8 for the first time. I called Mill Creek back in November and all they said was "we'll eventually get around to it" or something like that. Anyone know anything new? .