What's new

Battlestar Galactica S1 HD-DVD DEC 4th - Full specs! (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Here is the link:

http://hddvdformat.blogspot.com/

Disappointed and anxious that there was still no news about Battlestar Galactica (2004): Season One HD DVD which was heavily rumored to be released in September?

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has now confirmed that the Battlestar Galactica (2004): Season One will be available on 6-disc HD DVD set from December 4. The high-definition version of this TV series is available to own only on HD DVD. It is a non-combo HD DVD set and has a suggested price tag of $99.98 SRP.

Each episode of the series will be presented in 1080p High Definition Widescreen 1.78:1 video with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (English) and Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English) audio options. Only English [SDH] and French subtitle options are included.

A breakdown of the bonus materials on each disc:

Disc One:

Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Deleted Scenes - Mini Series
Sketches and Art
From Miniseries to Series
Change Is Good, Now They're Babes
The Cylon Centurion
Future/Past Technology
The Doctor Is Out (Of His Mind)
Production
Visual Effects
Epilogue
Disc Two:

Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
Deleted Scenes
Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Pilot Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Disc Three:

Deleted Scenes
Episode 103 "Bastille Day" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Episode 104 "Act of Contrition" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc Four:

Deleted Scenes
Episode 105 "You Can't Go Home Again" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc Five:

Deleted Scenes
Episode 109 "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 110 "The Hand of God" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Disc Six:

Deleted Scenes
Episode 111 "Colonial Day" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 112 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt 1 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Episode 113 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt. 2 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

With Trek Remastered S1, Blade Runner, The Kubricks, Heroes S1, Bourne Ultimatum, and heaven knows what else, this will definitely be a costly 4th quarter for me.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Reggie, thanks for the update. TrueHD :emoji_thumbsup: . Is this a first on a television series release?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Awesome! Simply awesome!

Also Razor (Unrated Director's Cut) will be released on SD DVD the same day.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

No.

Star Trek TOS Remastered S1 will also all have Dolby True HD tracks when it streets Nov 20 (2 weeks before BSG).

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Also --

It is only mid-August, so there is still time for Universal to announce more awesome titles for HD-DVD in time for X-mas. I realize what Ken Graffeo said at the EMA Conference regarding some of their treasures, but there could be a possibility that he simply did not want to reveal/discuss what was being planned at that time.

Whatever the case, we'll see what pans out within the next 6 weeks as far as announcements go. I hope I'm not disappointed and Uni Surprises us with something unexpected.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

This makes absolutely NO sense to me at all. I already HAVE season one, and eagerly waiting for s3. why the hell would I rebuy s1 in HD before I have ANY version of s3??

It is ludicrous to start with the first season when the latest season has not even been announced.

Of course, I will feel much better if and when common sense prevails at Universal and they announce the HD version of s3 at the same time as the SD.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Just my "no sense" (as apposed too "two cents" ;-) ):
I think its GREAT when they release the "current" season in HD.
That way, people that want the HD version don't have to wait and/or buy the SD version. People that already have the previous season(s) in SD, can still watch them & the fine folks that have yet to buy the SD season(s), can just wait a little longer for the HD version(s).
Again, JMO.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I am sure people will see things differently depending on their particular situation.

For example, I don't have any season of this show in SD, so for me, the release of S1 first is a no-brainer FOR ME (and probably others as well).

However, I do understand your position though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'd rather go in order (especially when there's only three sets) but I can see your point. However, if I wanted S3 that bad, I'd buy it in SD and then eventually rebuy it in HD or rent it the SD discs to tide me over. If I didn't want S3 that bad, I'd wait until they got to it in HD.

Really my original comment is more applicable to The Sopranos or Smallville where it will take years and years (if ever) for them to get around to going back and release HD versions of all the previous sets.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I'm in the same boat. I purposefully waited to see if these would be released in HD before buying the season sets. I figured I could always pick them up later if SD was going to be my only option. Since season 4 doesn't start until sometime in Q1 2008 I'm hoping they're able to release all of the sets before the start of the new season.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Please don't flame me. I don't own either format. Just wondering. Originally this was rumored to be coming out in Sept. Now its Dec. Their also has been rumors that Universal is being pressured to go format nuetral and it may happen by next year. Could the reason it being delayed have to do with that if they announce they are going format nuetral that they will release season one in BR near the same time period? Like I said I am not looking to start trouble. Just curious.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No, but we're NOT going to discuss studio support for HD formats outside the designated threads!

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
If they ever do. That is exactly the reason I would prefer the series released in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks