Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Darjeeling Limited trailer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted August 09 2007 - 03:59 PM

http://foxsearchligh...jeelinglimited/

Seems like his best looking movie yet.

Jason Schwartzman and Roman Coppola join Wes on the writing team this time.

~T

#2 of 7 EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted August 12 2007 - 03:08 PM

looking forward to it

we need some Wes Anderson in Hi Def!!!!
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#3 of 7 KurtEP

KurtEP

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted August 14 2007 - 10:06 AM

I can't wait. He's one of my favorites.
Lay down your law books now, they're no damned good -- The Eagles

#4 of 7 JayDerek

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator

• 234 posts

Posted September 26 2007 - 07:44 AM

the short film Hotel Chevalier (prequel of sorts to Darjeeling Limited) is up on iTunes now for FREE download...

http://phobos.apple....079483&s=143441
~Jason

#5 of 7 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted September 26 2007 - 09:14 AM

That link doesn't work.
Here is a fixed link
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#6 of 7 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,053 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 23 2007 - 05:05 AM

Here's my review:

October 23, 2007
Review: The Darjeeling Limited
Posted ImageThe Darjeeling Limited is Wes Anderson's most focused film to date. It isn't a particularly ambitious picture, but it steams ahead with a confident focus and charisma not found in his earlier efforts. A title card from the director at the beginning requests that the audience see "Hotel Chevalier" first even though everyone has already pretty much committed themselves regardless once they've taken their seats. It just so happens that I had seen it; I agree that it adds something, but I'm happy it was left off here. The opening sequence as presented, fuelled by an absurdist urgency reminiscent of Godard's Breathless, perfectly sets the tone of picture: light, whimsical and painfully human.
The main characters, once the film finds them all, are brothers of the classic Wes Anderson archetype: intelligent, articulate, manipulative and extraordinarily wounded. Jack is unlucky in love and passive aggressive, forced out of his comfortable exile by his domineering former lover. Peter is pessimistic and arrogant in his emotional distance, fleeing his pregnant wife primarily because he always saw himself as a future divorcee. Francis is domineering, self-hating, and lonely. He crashed his motorbike into a hill and survived only because the doctors rather regrettably managed to do every single thing right. Over the course of this movie, their lives will not progress meaningfully so much as evocatively.Continue Reading

#7 of 7 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,628 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 01:15 PM

I found this film on the underwhelming side mainly because I never could develop much interest in the 3 brothers, their running around with so much baggage (I get the metaphor, just didn't need to be hammered on the head all film long), and bouncing around India. Even the 'serious' stuff towards the end never connected with me, plus the staid use of 2-dimensional framing of the scenes just got really boring to watch.

This is most likely be a "love-it-or-hate-it" type of film, and I lean towards the "not liking it much" camp.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012