What's new

New Serenity DVD artwork/packaging (1 Viewer)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Hey, Greg, thanks for the preview! Yeah, this art is a big improvement over the original/horrendous packaging. I'm most looking forward to hearing the new commentary -- this cast is always highly entertaining when they get together!

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
I have to say this release pisses me off a lot. I bought the first DVD, I double-dipped for the HD-DVD, and now they come out with this. I would TRIPLE-dip if they had it available in HD, but the idea of having to own two separate editions (one for the movie, one for the extras) really irks me.

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
I'm pretty bummed too that Universal hasn't made this an HD DVD re-release as well. I'm sure it's coming, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Yep, not the whole crew, but Joss, Nathan, and Adam never seem to be at a loss for words when they get together. Hope Summer and Ron can get a word in edgewise on occasion....!

BTW, there are some other extras on this set that weren't on the original R1 release. One of them ("A Filmmaker's Journey") was on the R2 release in various countries, plus several extras that were exclusively on the R4 Australian release. The "Sci-Fi Inside" special and viral marketing bits (Session 416) haven't been out on any legit release to date. This will be a triple-dip for me, having already bought the R1 and R4 releases.

Looking forward to your review, Greg!

Mary

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Pretty nice looking, but unless the PQ is any better I'm going to wait until I find it cheap at a used dvd shop. I don't need to spend $15 for a few new extras (no matter how entertaining they might be).

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Do you fancy yourself a Browncoat? Are you potential Browncoat material?

Even though I've still got one of my two copies still in it's un-opened scrink-wrap, I'll be buying the "standard definition" 2-disc, as well as the HD DVD release (for eventual upgrade to Samsung's BD-UP5000 HD DVD/Blu-Ray player). I'll donate the unopened copy to some local worthy charity.

Regards,

Spence
Browncoat - Wisconsin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks