What's new

Van Halen: Here we go again! (tour on again!) (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
VH news, keep your fingers crossed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/en_nm/vanhalen_dc

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Apparently the relationship with Mike and the Bros. Van Halen has been shaky at best since Sammy's first departure. Mike revealed a couple years back that he only played bass on a handful of tracks for VH III with Eddie doing the remainder and that he was paid significantly less on the reunion tour with Sammy. Alex and Eddie didn't want him to tour at all but Sammy insisted he be included. Mike's backing vocals are one of the key ingredients to the classic VH sound, so once again we fans won't get a true Van Halen reunion.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There's an interview with Eddie, I think linked from the main VH entry at wiki, where he is pretty open in his dislike for Michael. He even calls Mike by his given last name in a way that is obviously meant as an insult, and he makes it clear that Wolfie is there to stay and Mike will not be welcomed back at any time. It's funny that Mike and Sammy were the only ones who showed up for the Hall of Fame induction.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Mike played NO bass on VHIII, Eddie played it all. Mike also did no BGVs on VHIII. Eddie also played drums on several tracks. It's basically an EVH solo album. Mike will be sorely missed (although I won't miss his cheesy bass "solo").

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Think I heard they are going to release the concert schedule in a few weeks, September maybe? Sell off some of your 401k cause remember how high the Police tickets were, I do for sure anyway....gotta pay for the rehab bill for Eddie and Dave's time off from the paramedic gig...:P
Still if they play as good has the Police were, I won't mind so much.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Anyone making any predictions as to how long this tour will last before the egos of Eddie and Dave clash?

I would be very surprised if they are able to play every single date.

Back in the day I would have paid big bucks to see this show, but no one could pay me to sit through this. I may rent the DVD when it eventually gets released.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
They ought to put a sign outside the dressing room as well as at the stage entrance saying"Leave Your Egos Here".....not that it'd work but it'd be worth a try.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, they are going to be on Eddie Trunk's XM show tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...

Jason

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Supposedly the press conference might be live on VH1-Classic Monday (8/13) at 3E/11P. That's what is being reported at the Van Halen message boards. We'll see. If not, then definitely repeated on the Eddie Trunk show Monday evening.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Ladies and gentlemen, hell has frozen over...

I feel like I should try to catch the Charlotte show before they break up again. I've been waiting for this tour since 1985.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
The press release said 50+ shows but if you go to van-halen.com its only lists about half....and most of those are above the mason dixon line so unless they do plan more shows most of the bottom half of the country is SOL on this tour...??? :eek:

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I don't know....no Mikey?

For those who saw the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame telecast, I think both Sammy and Mike made classy speeches. These 2 guys are the ones that I considered sane and reasonable. I can't say that for Eddie and Dave, as much as I love the music they created.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

The top ticket for the shows now on TM is about $150. MSG might sneak up a little above that but it won't be double the price of the other shows.

So no, MSG won't be $300/ticket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks