What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Filmation releases from Ink & Paint/BCI have been awesome. I love all the live action stuff,(Ark II. Isis, etc.) and the animated titles like Ghostbusters, and He-Man, are nothing short of amazing. I plan on picking up the best of Bravestarr, but I hope they release the entire series as well.
That being said, with all the care and quality put into these Filmation releases, what tv shows on dvd do you think BCI will do next? Have they acquired any new properties, and if so, do you think we will get a string of hits in 2008, like the barrage of Filmation titles we got throughout this year?

3 words: I hope so.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious as to what they'll acquire next as well, especially since the person who worked on the Filmation deal (and most of the other cartoons, I believe) has left the company. I have no doubt they'll continue to release great product, but I don't know if they'll continue going after the same type of shows.

I enjoyed "The Shadow Warriors" DVD, and I'd love to see more of those shows as well.

Gord

Jeff#

Screenwriter
BCI's best release this year was the 2nd season of Wanted: Dead or Alive.
They also re-released the first season (from a different distributor) of the same series.

All they have to do now is the third season, and Steve McQueen is a done deal. :cool:

Duane Alford

Second Unit

The original release of Season 1 was on flippers. Anyone know if the the rerelease was on flippers or single sided discs?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I'm not sure, Duane, because I'm not buying the first season again. There was really no reason for BCI to re-release it, unless they thought it would be profitable for them to do that. But I will be buying the 2nd season soon from Deep Discount (just $21.95 there) and I'll find out then....unless somebody posts an answer here first. ;)

David Levine

Supporting Actor

We have Iron King, Super Robot: Red Baron and Silver Kaman coming up for 2008. Iron King may sneak into late 2007.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I rather suspect Bob Barker instead, although a B/W Cullen episode wouldn't surprise me as an extra.

They're also working on Family Feud.

I don't know if any of the "big guys" licence stuff out (we all know WB/MGM doesn't), but if they do, I'd like to see BCI tackle some of the following "cult" TV shows:

Quark (Columbia Pictures)
Cliff-Hangers! (Universal)
Automan (Universal)
Man From Atlantis
The Fantastic Journey (it's coming out in R2...)
Project: UFO
(think this may be Paramount-owned now)
Hardcore TV (aired on HBO, don't know if they own it)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I think my heart just stopped! Last time i saw that show was 10 years ago on Sci-Fi. Loved it as a kid, and still liked it when i re-watched it. Id buy it, but only an R1.
BCI does good work, love to see them get even one show on your wish list Andy.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see these two Series come out on DVD (They're both from Filmation)

1. Fantastic Voyage

2. Lassie's Rescue Rangers

If they come out with these I'd buy 'em in a Heartbeat! ;)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

Hmmmm. . . I wonder what the extras will be?

I hope they interview the original Barker's Beauties: Janice, Dian, and Holly!!!

I loved watching those girls growing up. Unfortunately, all of them left the show under pretty bad circumstances.

If Bob Barker has anything to do with this release, then we not might see the models as they look today.

They could still ask Anitra Ford?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Supposedly Bob is ticked off at Holly and Dian for their lawsuits against him. Thus he refuses their episodes to be sold to the Game Show Network because he doesn't want to send them a royalty check when they rerun. I want more Match Games.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Actually, when GSN had rerun rights to TPIR, Barker had veto power over which episodes could be reshown. He vetoed any episodes with furs, including the premiere.

In 2000, GSN lost the rights due to Les Moonves' insistence they would hurt the ratings of new episodes.

From what I could gather on golden-road.net and their discussion on the impending release, Bob will not have veto power over the content.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Game Shows on DVD?

Hello!

Operator?

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

GET ME DR. KEVORKIAN!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I sit corrected...The Best of Match Game remains BCI's best release! I forgot they were thet ones who put it out originally and I have the first one. :D

Let's hope the second Match Game set is in chronological order by telecast, because the original offering was all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks