What's new

Spider-Man -films (Blu-ray) on 10-30-07 (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
It seems that Sony is planning to include both versions of "Spider-Man 2", at least if you believe paidgeek in AVS forum:

"We are planning seamless branching for several titles including Spiderman 2. The feature works well and should bring a good response from consumers like those here that have requested it. It is a complex feature to implement, particularly in the case of CE3K where 3 versions are provided."

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Seems like this would be the way to go, particularly considering CE3k. I have not yet seen Spider-man 2 extended, so it'll be nice to see it on BD the first time.

Now if they'll just make a better version of Spider-man 3 :).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I expect and hope for fullblown pcm audio but it will be interesting to see if Sony decides to do dd truehd or not. Count me in though for all 3. I do hope these are se's and not near barebones.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

:)

so we have to options, to take only Spiderman 3 2dis edtition or trilogy 4 disc edition hmm,

well I will take 4 disk that's for sure :)

Marek

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I don't want Spiderman3! Why are they making me buy this! I'm starting a online petition!! :D

I was going to pick up all three anyway so I don't mind the boxset as my only option. I probably even prefer it. My complaint is that I would have liked to see Spidey 1 & 2 also get the same 2 disc treatment that Spidey 3 is receiving. Suppose that will come with an inevitable double dip down the road.

Edit: boxart
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/6/63/htf_imgcache_10709.jpeg] [/url]

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well it does kind of suck. I was only intending on buying the first one (the only one the wife likes).

So I guess to get this on BR, I will have to part out 2 and 3 on ebay. Hopefully they come in separate cases... Hmmmm. Oh well, I will live...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The trilogy box will be available through the holidays. I expect we'll see the individual discs made available sometime in the spring.
No big, I'll just get the box.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
According to the Bits info, TrueHD and PCM. If Sony follows their pattern the TrueHD tracks will be higher bit depth than the PCM tracks.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Even so, I don't find the higher bit depth (mostly 20 vs 16 PCM) TrueHD to sound superior to PCM.

I wonder what they'll price the box set? Care to speculate? $99?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
i'll wait for 1 and 2 to be released individually. i'm not giving Sony any more money for that abortion they called Spiderman 3.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony

Spider-Pig! Spider-Pig! Does whatever a Spider-Pig Does!

(I know it's Spider-Ham, I couldn't resist though! :) )

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The Pirates movies are 24 bit PCM, so you'd think Sony would have some 24-bit tracks to use for TrueHD purposes. Then again, Ghost Rider was recent and it was only 20 bit.

At least with Sony the tracks shouldn't be altered in any way by TrueHD since they don't use DialNorm (which should more accurately be called VolumeNorm). I'm good to go with the PS3, so for Sony's releases they can leave the PCM tracks off anytime now. Warner on the other hand....people usually detect differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks