Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Spider-Man -films (Blu-ray) on 10-30-07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#1 of 119 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,077 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 07:51 AM

It seems that Sony is planning to include both versions of "Spider-Man 2", at least if you believe paidgeek in AVS forum:

"We are planning seamless branching for several titles including Spiderman 2. The feature works well and should bring a good response from consumers like those here that have requested it. It is a complex feature to implement, particularly in the case of CE3K where 3 versions are provided."

#2 of 119 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari K
It seems that Sony is planning to include both versions of "Spider-Man 2", at least if you believe paidgeek in AVS forum:

"We are planning seamless branching for several titles including Spiderman 2. The feature works well and should bring a good response from consumers like those here that have requested it. It is a complex feature to implement, particularly in the case of CE3K where 3 versions are provided."

Seems like this would be the way to go, particularly considering CE3k. I have not yet seen Spider-man 2 extended, so it'll be nice to see it on BD the first time.

Now if they'll just make a better version of Spider-man 3 Posted Image.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#3 of 119 Jeff(R)

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:19 PM

'Spider-Man' Trilogy to Spin Its Web on Blu-ray

Quote:
Arriving day-and-date with the standard-def DVD version, Sony will load the Blu-ray edition of 'Spider-Man 3' with a wealth of extras, including multiple audio commentaries with director Sam Raimi, stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, and other cast and crew members, nearly a dozen featurettes, and more.

In addition, on October 30 Sony will also debut the 'Spider-Man High-Definition Trilogy,' a box set containing all three films in the franchise.
Link

#4 of 119 Jim-J

Jim-J

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:39 PM

I can't wait to see the specs on this. I really hope SM2 & 2.1 are in the set
"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding"--Ra's Al Ghul

#5 of 119 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 05:45 PM

I expect and hope for fullblown pcm audio but it will be interesting to see if Sony decides to do dd truehd or not. Count me in though for all 3. I do hope these are se's and not near barebones.
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#6 of 119 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Joseph
I expect and hope for fullblown pcm audio but it will be interesting to see if Sony decides to do dd truehd or not. Count me in though for all 3. I do hope these are se's and not near barebones.

it seems so far, that at least SPIDERMAN 3 will be super loaded Posted Image

Marek

#7 of 119 Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 12:34 AM

Looks like it may be box set only for SM1 and SM2. Let the bitching commence. Posted Image

http://www.homemedia....ticle_ID=10990

Quote:
Both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 will be available for the first time on Blu-ray Disc in a four-disc trilogy pack ($98.95), with Spider-Man on disc one, Spider-Man 2 and 2.1 (with bonus scenes added into the film) on disc two, and Spider-Man 3 and its bonus features on discs three and four.

I planned on picking up all 3 anyway. Haven't seen part 3 but even with the general low opinion I'm generally very forgiving when it comes to superhero/comic book films.

Death before Streaming!

#8 of 119 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#9 of 119 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,547 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 01:51 AM

Quote:
Let the bitching commence. Posted Image
That would have to be Superbitching in this case.

Cees

#10 of 119 aaron campbell

aaron campbell

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:04 AM

It says 4 disc trilogy for Bluray.

#11 of 119 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Alons
That would have to be Superbitching in this case.

Cees

Posted Image

so we have to options, to take only Spiderman 3 2dis edtition or trilogy 4 disc edition hmm,

well I will take 4 disk that's for sure Posted Image

Marek

#12 of 119 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,520 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K
Looks like it may be box set only for SM1 and SM2. Let the bitching commence.

I don't want Spiderman3! Why are they making me buy this! I'm starting a online petition!! Posted Image

I was going to pick up all three anyway so I don't mind the boxset as my only option. I probably even prefer it. My complaint is that I would have liked to see Spidey 1 & 2 also get the same 2 disc treatment that Spidey 3 is receiving. Suppose that will come with an inevitable double dip down the road.

Edit: boxart
Posted Image
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#13 of 119 BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:29 AM

My Spidey senses are smelling hi def milk.

#14 of 119 CRyan

CRyan

Screenwriter

• 1,244 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:02 AM

Well it does kind of suck. I was only intending on buying the first one (the only one the wife likes).

So I guess to get this on BR, I will have to part out 2 and 3 on ebay. Hopefully they come in separate cases... Hmmmm. Oh well, I will live...

#15 of 119 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:19 AM

The trilogy box will be available through the holidays. I expect we'll see the individual discs made available sometime in the spring.
No big, I'll just get the box.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#16 of 119 Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Joseph
According to the Bits info, TrueHD and PCM. If Sony follows their pattern the TrueHD tracks will be higher bit depth than the PCM tracks.
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#17 of 119 Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant H
According to the Bits info, TrueHD and PCM. If Sony follows their pattern the TrueHD tracks will be higher bit depth than the PCM tracks.
Even so, I don't find the higher bit depth (mostly 20 vs 16 PCM) TrueHD to sound superior to PCM.

I wonder what they'll price the box set? Care to speculate? $99?

#18 of 119 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:55 AM

i'll wait for 1 and 2 to be released individually. i'm not giving Sony any more money for that abortion they called Spiderman 3.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#19 of 119 Thornhill

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Posted Image

Spider-Pig! Spider-Pig! Does whatever a Spider-Pig Does!

(I know it's Spider-Ham, I couldn't resist though! Posted Image )
My HT Setup:
 Fronts: B & W DM603 S3  Rears: B & W DM602 S3  Center: B & W LCR600 S3  Sub Woofer: SVS PB-2 PLUS                                                                                                                                  

#20 of 119 Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F
Even so, I don't find the higher bit depth (mostly 20 vs 16 PCM) TrueHD to sound superior to PCM.

I wonder what they'll price the box set? Care to speculate? $99?
The Pirates movies are 24 bit PCM, so you'd think Sony would have some 24-bit tracks to use for TrueHD purposes. Then again, Ghost Rider was recent and it was only 20 bit.

At least with Sony the tracks shouldn't be altered in any way by TrueHD since they don't use DialNorm (which should more accurately be called VolumeNorm). I'm good to go with the PS3, so for Sony's releases they can leave the PCM tracks off anytime now. Warner on the other hand....people usually detect differences.
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow