-

Photo
- - - - -

The Flintstones-cut episode

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted August 01 2007 - 06:42 PM

It is frustrating that out of six season sets, only one Flintstones' episode is cut...Season 3's The Big Move. Is there any way WB can fix it?

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,981 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:53 AM

Are you sure it is cut?

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 05:19 AM

Yes, it is a syndication print...there is a scene of Fred at work after the night of jumping into the pool. Also, the teaser is missing...I think 3 mins. in all.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,235 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 01:19 PM

It's a messed up episode - short and with crummier quality. I'd guess that this is all WB has and the original has gone missing, but that's just a guess. Doesn't make sense that they'd let quality lapse for this one episode if they had an alternative, though...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Jack Platt

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 01:27 PM

Does Boomerang show this episode uncut? I think all of their Flintstones episodes are uncut, or very close to it. There are no commercials (just brief station ID's,) and the original opening on the earlier seasons was restored.

Jack

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 02:47 PM

Jack, I heard that this episode does indeed air uncut on Boomerang...unfortunately, we don't get that station on regular cable in Indianapolis.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Lecagr

Lecagr

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted October 19 2009 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR 

It is frustrating that out of six season sets, only one Flintstones' episode is cut...Season 3's The Big Move. Is there any way WB can fix it?
Yep, that is strange that The Big Move is the only edited episode out of all 166 shows on the DVD's. I do have the uncut episode of The Big Move, recorded from Boomerang channel. I made a DVD of it and put it with my 3rd season set, so now I'm a happy camper.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 550 posts

Posted October 19 2009 - 02:01 PM

I did not realize there were any cut episodes on The Flintstones DVDs. I guess I'll have to watch for "The Big Move" on Boomerang, like I have some of the other HB stuff.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe*A

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted October 20 2009 - 05:37 AM

So what has been cut specifically? If the teaser is cut, good riddance - why include something that will be shown during the episode anyway? I fast forwarded those anyway including the opening title song is heard and started viewing when the story starts. But within the episode itself, what's missing exactly? Any help would be appreciated.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted October 20 2009 - 07:28 AM

There's a whole scene cut, of Fred at work suffering from a cold after being thrown in the pool the night before at the party staged by his freeloading rich neighbors in his new rich mansion.    His mimicing of the snob's line "Everyone into the pew-el." was my favorite moment of the whole episode.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Lecagr

Lecagr

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted October 30 2009 - 06:10 AM

In some Flintstones episodes, the opening teaser scene is unique, it introduces the episode and the scene is not shown again later on in the show. I don't know how many episodes were made in this fashion, but I have seen some that are like this. "Cave Scout Jamboree" is one example.  

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   IanD

IanD

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted October 31 2009 - 10:45 AM

I remember Outer Limits did that for one episode, It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork. Very strange...

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 958 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted November 30 2010 - 05:10 AM

Sorry to bump such a old thread, but I have a question about this cut episode.

I recently recorded this off Boomerang to make my season 3 DVD set complete (By the way, there's another scene missing from the official DVD that wasn't mentioned in this thread. It's when Fred arrives home and walks into his new apartment, the scene inside the apartment before he exits to the backyard to be thrown into the pool is missing on the official DVD but is intact on Boomerang).

Anyway, the Boomerang airing seems to have everything that is on the syndicated version included on the DVD, along with the missing teaser and those two additional scenes. But the running time is still very short compared to the uncut episodes on the DVD's?

I don't notice any cuts. Are the episodes on Boomerang just time compressed? I'm assuming it is and I guess I just can't tell. Or is this not the full episode after all?