Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bunion Surgery, Anyone?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   xoxopeaches

xoxopeaches

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 01:52 AM

hi, i am 18 years old and have had bunions as long as a i can remember also. They became more painful as i got older and they restricted me as a runner. i have dreamed of bunion surgery, until yesterday. i finally had my wish come true. i didn't care how much it would cost or how much it would hurt i wanted it gone! unfortunately i could only get one done at a time, but its easier this way because it is extremely painful, and difficult to get to bathroom, etc. I highly recommend bunion surgery if it is something you have wanted for a while. i just finished my first year of college and devoted my summer break to a renewed foot! i cant wait to wear sandals. for the time. im stuck in bed, in lots of pain. the first day was pretty bad, but the second day is better. i will check back up with you in a few weeks and let you know how it went. good luck if your decide to have the surgery! i think it will be worth it

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,245 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 17 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi tori, hope it goes well and welcome to Home Theater Forum, please enjoy your stay.
facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,413 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted May 17 2012 - 08:29 AM

Tori, from personal experience I can tell you getting one foot done at a time is the only way to go. You would be a total invalid for an extended time if you did both at once. My doctor gave me pain medication would I don't recall needing for more than a week. That's not to say the pain was gone, it still hurt, but not so that i needed pain meds. You know, I probably tapered them off in the second week. Another thing that helped with the pain for the first 24 hours was an injection called a nerve block. I was given it before the surgery and it lasted for close to 24 hours. Basically, it was like I had no leg below the knee, none that I cold feel. That meant the worst day for pain, there was none. They've probably issued you crutches and a shoe that's basically a sandal with a board for the sole. Don't forget, you can get a temporary disabled sticker so you can park in those reserved spots.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users