What's new

Rock of Love -- Return of the '80s Metal Sluts! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone else been watching this on VH1? It's a semi-sequel to Flavor of Love, but with Bret Michaels (the singer from Poison). Absolutely hysterical.

Can't wait for Lita Ford's Charm School. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've caught bits and pieces and alot of those girls certainly are '80s metal sluts and the others are just regular sluts. :) Some of them are way too old (even if they're competing for a guy their age) and just come off as pathetic and desperate.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't think any of them are nearly as old as Michaels. He's gotta be in his mid-40s at this point. Rodeo is the only one who looks like she might be much over 30.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is that the chick who was wasted but they gave her a second chance to stick around? She might not be over 30 but she had a lot of milage on her wheels. :)

EDIT: Obviously, this show is just supposed to be a good time (and from what I've seen it is) so it was a little mean spirited of me to call them 'pathetic and desperate'.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No, the wasted chick got kicked out the second week. She was completely incoherent.

She looked like a 25-year-old who'd drank herself into her 50s. :) Rodeo looks like an older version of Jennifer Aniston in a cowboy hat.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm actually watching this. . .I thought Rodeo actually came across very well on the first episode when she was having the quiet sitdown with Bret. But man -- she is totally NOT the mature person she seemed. I can't stand her constant cackling, though I did like her pulldown of the obnoxious Lacey! (Lacey was so out of line needling Dallas and poking at her, though Dallas was annoying as heck.) Most of these women just aren't likeable. . .I think Bret would be pulling out his hair after 30 minutes with Brandi C's whiny, baby voice.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Elizabeth, I think you have it mixed up -- Rodeo tackled Lacey, not Dallas. (To be honest, I kinda liked her no-makeup, hair-tied-back, baggy-pajama, jes' hangin' out look, especially combined with the smackdown. :) )

It's all part of the FUN! :D

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Yup, I realized I wrote the wrong name when I was in bed last night (I'll fix that now.) :) I meant I was glad she took down Lacey. Earlier, Lacey pushed what's-her-name into the pool for really no other reason than she thought she was acting superior to everybody. She's such a pest.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

That would be Jes AKA "I hope Bret can take his eyes off all those implants long enough to notice that I look like a taller version of Natalie Portman with Anime hair." ;)

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
There is something very seriously wrong with Rodeo. Which would be fine if she were even remotely physically appealing.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me if her sudden transformation into an emotional wreck were related to, shall we say, the phase of the moon.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be separated from my little boy for weeks either.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Looks like the other girls were right about Erin after all -- "I've had bigger and better stars than Bret Michaels." Zoinks!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was a little behind, but finally caught up with my recordings. I'm liking Jes and Sam, though the latter still does seem uncomfortable with the whole situation. Heather has got to go soon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow! I was amazed at how cute Sam was without her ridiculous makeup. :)

Looks like Lacey may have gone a bit too far antagonizing everyone else. The others are really ganging up on her now.

At this point I'll be amazed if Brandi M. doesn't win. She and Bret seem to be two peas in a pod. I'd also like to know what her embarassing nickname that they always bleep out is. . .

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The brunette "Superfan" (Ky?) looked REALLY familiar. Has that girl been on some other show? Or maybe she looks like somebody famous who isn't coming to mind right away.

I'm pretty convinced that Lacey will not be winning this thing. The way they've been showing her conniving, her winning would make Bret look like a complete idiot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks