Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rock of Love -- Return of the '80s Metal Sluts!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 31 2007 - 11:34 AM

Anyone else been watching this on VH1? It's a semi-sequel to Flavor of Love, but with Bret Michaels (the singer from Poison). Absolutely hysterical.

Can't wait for Lita Ford's Charm School. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 31 2007 - 11:39 AM

I've caught bits and pieces and alot of those girls certainly are '80s metal sluts and the others are just regular sluts. Posted Image Some of them are way too old (even if they're competing for a guy their age) and just come off as pathetic and desperate.

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 01 2007 - 09:32 AM

I don't think any of them are nearly as old as Michaels. He's gotta be in his mid-40s at this point. Rodeo is the only one who looks like she might be much over 30.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 01 2007 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
Rodeo is the only one who looks like she might be much over 30.
Is that the chick who was wasted but they gave her a second chance to stick around? She might not be over 30 but she had a lot of milage on her wheels. Posted Image

EDIT: Obviously, this show is just supposed to be a good time (and from what I've seen it is) so it was a little mean spirited of me to call them 'pathetic and desperate'.

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 02 2007 - 04:06 AM

No, the wasted chick got kicked out the second week. She was completely incoherent.

She looked like a 25-year-old who'd drank herself into her 50s. Posted Image Rodeo looks like an older version of Jennifer Aniston in a cowboy hat.

#6 of 41 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,467 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 09:40 AM

I'm actually watching this. . .I thought Rodeo actually came across very well on the first episode when she was having the quiet sitdown with Bret. But man -- she is totally NOT the mature person she seemed. I can't stand her constant cackling, though I did like her pulldown of the obnoxious Lacey! (Lacey was so out of line needling Dallas and poking at her, though Dallas was annoying as heck.) Most of these women just aren't likeable. . .I think Bret would be pulling out his hair after 30 minutes with Brandi C's whiny, baby voice.

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   John_Bonner

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 02:37 AM

Rodeo, Magdalena and Heather could all very possibly be men.
JB

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 03 2007 - 03:46 AM

Elizabeth, I think you have it mixed up -- Rodeo tackled Lacey, not Dallas. (To be honest, I kinda liked her no-makeup, hair-tied-back, baggy-pajama, jes' hangin' out look, especially combined with the smackdown. Posted Image )

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Bonner
Rodeo, Magdalena and Heather could all very possibly be men.

It's all part of the FUN! Posted Image

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,467 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
Elizabeth, I think you have it mixed up -- Rodeo tackled Lacey, not Dallas.

Yup, I realized I wrote the wrong name when I was in bed last night (I'll fix that now.) Posted Image I meant I was glad she took down Lacey. Earlier, Lacey pushed what's-her-name into the pool for really no other reason than she thought she was acting superior to everybody. She's such a pest.

#10 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 03 2007 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S
Earlier, Lacey pushed what's-her-name into the pool for really no other reason than she thought she was acting superior to everybody. She's such a pest.

That would be Jes AKA "I hope Bret can take his eyes off all those implants long enough to notice that I look like a taller version of Natalie Portman with Anime hair." Posted Image

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   Robert Watson

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted August 08 2007 - 07:27 AM

The women on there don't seem that all interesting to me.

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 08 2007 - 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Watson
The women on there don't seem that all interesting to me.

How big was your hair in the '80s?

Posted Image

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   ChrisCAB

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted August 10 2007 - 03:13 AM

There is something very seriously wrong with Rodeo. Which would be fine if she were even remotely physically appealing.

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 10 2007 - 04:05 AM

I hate to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me if her sudden transformation into an emotional wreck were related to, shall we say, the phase of the moon.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be separated from my little boy for weeks either.

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 14 2007 - 04:59 AM

Looks like the other girls were right about Erin after all -- "I've had bigger and better stars than Bret Michaels." Zoinks! Posted Image

#16 of 41 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,467 posts

Posted August 15 2007 - 06:01 AM

I was a little behind, but finally caught up with my recordings. I'm liking Jes and Sam, though the latter still does seem uncomfortable with the whole situation. Heather has got to go soon.

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 16 2007 - 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S
I'm liking Jes and Sam, though the latter still does seem uncomfortable with the whole situation.

From the looks of next week's episode, Sam may be at the very end of her rope.

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 20 2007 - 05:55 AM

Wow! I was amazed at how cute Sam was without her ridiculous makeup. Posted Image

Looks like Lacey may have gone a bit too far antagonizing everyone else. The others are really ganging up on her now.

At this point I'll be amazed if Brandi M. doesn't win. She and Bret seem to be two peas in a pod. I'd also like to know what her embarassing nickname that they always bleep out is. . .

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,467 posts

Posted August 23 2007 - 10:52 AM

I think it's "B*** Job Brandi". It wasn't completely bleeped out one time.

#20 of 41 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 04 2007 - 05:00 AM

The brunette "Superfan" (Ky?) looked REALLY familiar. Has that girl been on some other show? Or maybe she looks like somebody famous who isn't coming to mind right away.

I'm pretty convinced that Lacey will not be winning this thing. The way they've been showing her conniving, her winning would make Bret look like a complete idiot!

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow