Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Starhunter: The Complete Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 09:45 AM

You know, I only caught part of an episode in reruns on television and I really didn't remember much about it. Hearing about some of the fairly light reviews on this set, I hadn't thought about picking it up and I really was reserved about buying the set. But, after buying the set and watching the first disk, I have to say that the series really ain't half bad. The disks being single sided was a real bonus.

Picking it up for $21.99 at Best Buy was also the bargain as well. Although I probably won't pick up the second series as the price range ($45) for the same number of episodes and the fact that the cast changed really doesn't warrant the picking up ono the second series.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 01:26 PM

Are they full screen or wide screen? The european broadcasts were not only widescreen but ran about 50 minutes each.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
You know, I only caught part of an episode in reruns on television and I really didn't remember much about it. Hearing about some of the fairly light reviews on this set, I hadn't thought about picking it up and I really was reserved about buying the set. But, after buying the set and watching the first disk, I have to say that the series really ain't half bad. The disks being single sided was a real bonus.

Picking it up for $21.99 at Best Buy was also the bargain as well. Although I probably won't pick up the second series as the price range ($45) for the same number of episodes and the fact that the cast changed really doesn't warrant the picking up ono the second series.
Now, You should check out Starhunter:2300.It's the second season....kind of.There are many tie ins and You follow his son who he was originally looking for.I can't say to much or It'll ruin it if You do at least see it.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 08:47 PM

troy, I appreciate it but I can't justify spending almost $50 on that set especially when its not on my list. I only picked up the first set because it was inexpensive.

The episode on the first season set are full frams and are around 42-44 minutes each.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
The episode on the first season set are full frams and are around 42-44 minutes each.
(hugs his UK recordings) saves me the trouble, thanks, I also hear that they are on the discs in the wrong order, "The Divinity Cluster' is ep.1, not 4.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted July 30 2007 - 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick P
(hugs his UK recordings) saves me the trouble, thanks, I also hear that they are on the discs in the wrong order, "The Divinity Cluster' is ep.1, not 4.
I can confirm They are in the wrong order.Why? I have no idea.Looks like I may have to check out EZDVD in Austrailia to see about ordering the UK versions.Thanks for the info Rick.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 31 2007 - 01:17 AM

Yeah, the episodes are out of order but considering how much this set is it's well worth the money.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   ravma

ravma

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted July 31 2007 - 05:44 AM

Is the R4 Widescreen? EZDVD shows a Fullscreen transfer.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted August 03 2007 - 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravma
Is the R4 Widescreen? EZDVD shows a Fullscreen transfer.

no, they are fullscreen also.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 15 2011 - 03:17 PM

I was a walmart a few weeks ago and purchase Starhunter as it was on for a cheap price. I have watched a couple episodes and it looks like a neat show. It is sad that it only lasted for about 22 episodes.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow