Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Randolph Scott

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jimmyr

Jimmyr

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted July 27 2007 - 05:17 AM

Has anyone heard any news about Randolph Scott releases? Last November we had 2 triple features from Warners. I loved them and they own enough titles to do more of those. Could they be planning to release more this November?

We hadn't had any of his westerns from Columbia since 2005. Any news on them releasing any more titles?

Also, I wander if Universal ever plans to release films like Corvette K225 and Paris Calling?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted July 27 2007 - 06:06 AM

Peter Fitzgerald recently posted news in this thread:

http://www.hometheat....d.php?t=259462

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jimmyr

Jimmyr

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted July 27 2007 - 08:19 AM

Thanks! I somehow overlooked that thread. That is great news about the Scott- Boetticher films.

Does anyone know how to find out how well a dvd sold? I mentioned those triple feature Scott westerns that Warners put out. If we knew how well they sold, we'd probably have an answer about future releases.

I thought I had read that Scott's Columbia westerns did sell well, so with them it may be only an issue of timing. I once wondered if they were going to release all the older Scott westerns before the Boetticher ones but apparently they realize what will be the best selling Scotts. I for one do hope that at a later time they release the other older ones as well.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted July 27 2007 - 10:05 AM

Why do I have the urge to stand, take off my hat, and repeat his name in a hushed, reverent tone?