What's new

Cuting Edge LCD Shootout, you are invited! (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
On Thursday evening August 9th from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Gregg Loewen and I are sponsoring the mother of all HDTV shoot-outs at my Scarsdale, NY store. We'll have flagship models from many major manufacturers directly fed through an HDMI distribution system. I am only displaying 46" to 52" LCDs and possibly we'll show Pioneer's Elite PRO-1150HD just to illustrate the main differences between LCD and plasma.

I am inviting 20 folks limited to AVS Forum and Home Theater Forum members to attend this major high-end flat panel 1080p shootout.

Gregg Loewen one of our own HTF moderators and is the president of Lion Audio/Video consultants, ISF certified calibrator/instructor will have ISF calibrated all of the displays to the same BD and HD DVD HDMI feeds, same standards so we'll have a base line.

I have some special guests and a great surprise we'll be showing.

We'll enjoy hors d'oeuvres and sip fine wines while we get down to the bottom of who's got the best new displays.

-Robert

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it, Robert. However, I'd appreciate attendees posting feedback here as I'll be in the market for that size LCD panel by the end of the year.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This sounds awesome Robert and Gregg. I would love to attend as I'm in the same boat as Michael. Looking forward to the recap!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Parker, thanks for the offer and I would love to have video of the results posted on HTF for all of the members and visitors to see. I hope it will not take away from the attendance as summer vacations have made it difficult for us to fill our demo room capacity.

In fact we still have 12 seats left and if we don't get most of them filled I may be forced to pospone the event to another date where we can fill up the room. So if you have not reserved your seat yet, do so now.

-Robert

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Robert:

Do you have a page made up on your site or a contact email address that you want members to use to let you know they want to attend?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We prefer email or PM. And reserved seats must be firmly confirmed as we have a very limited capacity so every seat is valuable.

-Robert

Ned Vogler

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

I used the "send e-mail" feature by clicking on your user name to ask about seat availability for this event. Did you receive my e-mail request?

If not, I'd like to attend this event. I would also like to bring a guest if possible. Could you please get back to me via PM or e-mail?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Ned. love for you and your friend to attend. I don't think I received your email. Please visit our site to get my email address as I don't like posting to avoid spam farmers.

-Robert

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Gregg is here and he is one terrific gentleman and expert ISF calibrator. This a ton of fun and very educational so far. Can't wait till tomorrow.

If you live near the metro NY area you should not miss this event. Three seats are sill unclaimed.

-Robert

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If I lived in the area, I would be there. I'm sure you guys are going to have a lot of fun.

Crawdaddy

karl_burns

Stunt Coordinator
Love the pics, but where is the "write-up" of what people thought?
Wish I could have been there.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks