What's new

Unable to update A2 firmware - "Cannot not find server" error (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Anyone else get this error and know how to fix it? I can't get the firmware on my player updated due to it.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
What type of set-up? DHCP?

Have you powered your A2 off and restarted the unit after changing your ethernet settings in the menu?

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor

No, I haven't tried that yet. I've seen other people on other forums have the same problem.

If that doesn't work, I'll download the iso in the firmware thread and try that. With the iso do you just burn it to disc?

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
You want to restart the player after any configuration changes. Remember, these players are actually just small computers and like a computer, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

I've updated my over the internet connection and with the ISO. I think the whole wireless update thing is way overblown to be honest. Burning a disc and updating that way is both much faster and safer in my opinion. The only downside is you usually have to wait a little longer to get the ISO. But you also have a little more time for others to find any nasty bugs first also.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

That's great to hear. I'm glad you were able to get this issue resolved. :)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
What exactly worked for you, Jeremy? It appears as though you followed Mark's advice and re-booted the machine after changing some settings, but what settings did you change in order to connect to the Tosh server? DHCP and DNS on?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks