Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hollow Man: Director's Cut - Oct. 16th

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Elijah Sullivan

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor

• 665 posts

Posted July 24 2007 - 01:33 PM

Sony/Columbia extended cuts are so hit-and-miss that it's hard to be excited for yet another mediocre film getting this treatment. Oh, well. I'm sure there are some fans out there who will be pleased. At least it's director-approved, presumably, rather than just a completely mindless double-dip.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted July 24 2007 - 03:07 PM

Figures. I just bought the Superbit version last week at Best Buy. Should have known better considering that this is a Sony title. Posted Image
Recently watched- Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   David (C)

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 02:12 PM

I love Verhoeven. Since there were exactly zero MPAA cuts made to the film for an R rating - a first for the director, this new version should restore the complete sequence of the woman in the bathrobe. It was removed at the behest of the studio since test audiences thought Kevin Bacon became evil too early into the film.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam_WM

Adam_WM

Screenwriter

• 1,626 posts

Posted August 04 2007 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David ©
I love Verhoeven. Since there were exactly zero MPAA cuts made to the film for an R rating - a first for the director, this new version should restore the complete sequence of the woman in the bathrobe. It was removed at the behest of the studio since test audiences thought Kevin Bacon became evil too early into the film.

I was just going to say that the "new scenes" had to be the invisible rape sequence.