What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I will admit, I haven't checked whether this got any Emmy attention, but Season 1 of Dexter -rocked-. Was one of my favorite new series of last year, had that edge of the seat feeling that made you follow every episode.

This season, Showtime has put out leaders (you can see Episode 1 of Season 2 on OnDemand) and it looks like we are off to a ROARING start for Season 2.

:)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Cool, I think it starts in October. I'm conflicted if I should watch this now or wait.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Oh! I didn't realize it was that far away ;( How cruel! Then again, I checked on demand again today and it wasn't there now. (?) But what a great starter episode!

ErichH

Screenwriter
Just watched the first2 eps of season2. Look for another great season, with a few new faces in the main cast ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The acting in this is really good. I'm kind of dissappointed he didn't get more attention come award season. Then again, considering the Wire also got shafted, he knows what's what.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I too just watched the first two episodes.
So far it's some great stuff.

It doesn't look like there's a main mystery arc, so I'm thinking they may spring one on us near the middle of this season.

I'm thinking that maybe Dexter will kill Dokes
sometime in the series.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
i recently ordered showtime and blind bought the season 1 DVDs of Dexter....i was immediately hooked. Great show and cant wait for season 2.

It starts late Sept right?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
In case I get yelled at, I put what happens in Episode 2 in tags.

Until I saw the funeral scene, I had a hard time believing Paul is ACTUALLY dead. And also that the jail called and said confirmed he was dead.

I'm SO curious to know what major thing that will be happening in season 2.

I'm just thinking who will catch Dexter in the act of killing first, Doakes or Rita

Is anyone reading the Dexter books, Amazon started shipping all 3 books.
My friend is reading the first one now.

They said that Book one followed Season one to the tee.
Book 2 is going to stray far from Season 2

ErichH

Screenwriter

I don't think he'll break the Rules established in season 1,
but the discovery and all the new arrivals that come with it will make things very interesting.
This will be a killer season ;)

Al_S

Second Unit
I rented season 1 from Netflix. Wow, this is one f'd up show! Still I couldn't stop watching.

ErichH

Screenwriter

All that training from his dad.
Key items for me are the excellent cast and great background over the course of the season.

Should be interesting to see what Keith Carradine brings to the series in ep3 and beyond. In guessing Lt. Laguerta makes a move on KCs character. She's getting nowhere with Dex.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I know it's been 3 weeks since I seen the first two episodes.
So I actually had to go back and watch the "Waiting to Exhale" episode to see what you're talking about.
Unless you've read the books, I don't see ANY interest from Maria towards Frank Lundy

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Damn a serial killer in crisis.

Dexter needed to improve his aim into the trench. What a creepy scene with all the bags on the ocean floor. I don't think anything down there will lead to Dexter although this will add to the obstacles in his routine. Doakes following him everywhere can't help.

The previews for next week looks really good.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Jeezus this show is brilliant. The direction, storyline.. the scene with Dexter looking out at the parking lot.. and him in the FBI Field morgue.. genius stuff.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved An Inconvenient Lie episode.

Dexter finally got Doakes off his back, and him thinking it's only a vice like any other cop...great stuff.

I was beginning to think Dexter wasn't going to kill in this episode, and here he kills a car salesman...just like everyone wants to do at some point I'm sure:)

Am I right in thinking that this act the car salesman did about sending the female customers across the street, was to only get their credit report?
Then once he has that, reject them, send them across the street, so he isn't linked to them as his customers?

What's with that zoom closeup of Rita at the very end when she sees Dexter's Sponsor?
Is it just plain jealousy? or does Rita know this woman?

I also loved that spill over tent morgue, with all the bones and bodies laid out.

Are you referring to that scene where he looks out at Doakes, Dexter's face is in shadow and light shines on Dexter's face, then a shadow is cast back onto it when Dexter udders the phrase "Keep looking, you don't need to know where I'm going"

GREAT STUFF

ErichH

Screenwriter

Agree - Great writing to pause Dokes and get Rita back in one stroke. And Rita's Look was great. Is that a honey trap or what?
This show is amazing - Killer ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Once again, another delicious episode of Dexter. The writing just has a fun way with the audience with this episode of Dexter and NA, and the used car salesman, while continuing to push the macro-story along.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow, last nights was a great rollercoaster ride.. can Dexter get away?

I had to love the conversation "Oh yeah, went out.. got laid.. big time.." "uh..?" "I should go out and shoot myself for saying that" "the way this conversation is going you'd miss.." (something to that effect) That exchange was brilliant.

People are turning in some zinger performances, and here we were all symapthetic for the once-outted lt. as her job was in the hand of some woman who was going mental... what a kind of surprise moment that one was for me...

Nothing is ickier then breaking the air conditioning in a morgue of water soaked bodies.. *puke*

So, the Sponsor.. wow. No idea what to make of that yet.. So, they are all "bad people" and Dexter gets to relish in some media praise on one end for people saying he's doing the right thing.. what a great moment to show how wrong it is, and yet, how willing people are to lap praise on him to sound outrageous or to get attention for themselves.

The writing on this show is absolutely top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks