What's new

Official HTF HD-DVD Review: Being John Malkovich (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
ronsreviews_covers_83392.jpg">_ [b]

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
This is indeed one of the strangest films, sometimes hilarious in a dark sort of way. Cameron Diaz (who some viewers didn't recognize!) proved, in a supporting role, that she could really act.

I ordered this HD DVD, believing it would gain from the HD treatment. I'm glad your review proved me right on this.

Thanks for another nice review, Gary!

Cees

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
This is a great film, but I don't think its ever really looked that good. I picked up the HD DVD, and although it edges out the old DVD, could easily be mistaken for a DVD most of the time.

When I bought the film, I posted that I had a lip sync issue watching the film on my Toshiba D2, running firmware 2.0. As far as I know, no one else seems to have had the problem, which I found quite noticable.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Good review, Gary.

After reading many of your past posts over at AVS, it's good to see you here, and in the reviewer's chair.

I was very hesitant about this title, based purely upon its technical style and aesthetic choices. I decided to rent it first, and was pleasantly surprised. While not in the same transfer league as 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', it hangs right in there, and definately rises far above the SD disc. Hence, I went ahead and ordered a copy of my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks