Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wait until you see Heroes on HD DVD!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 09:00 AM

As part of the HTF representation at EMA, Kevin Collins of Microsoft was kind enough to show us a few scenes of this highly anticipated release. All I can say it you won't be disappointed. Looked 10x better than I remember seeing it over OTA when the episodes aired. Looked and sounded wonderful. Plus, the special features in U-Control look outstanding.
Looks like a great job by Universal.

http://www.highdefdi....Media_Expo/787

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted July 19 2007 - 11:21 AM

I agree... the color saturation in Heroes was vivid and beautiful. I'm very excited about seeing it as I missed it entirely on TV.

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,814 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted July 20 2007 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
I'm very excited about seeing it as I missed it entirely on TV.
Ditto.

Cool meeting you this week at HME, Ben.

Paul

P.S. - And then of course, there's the added bonus of us getting this for a very attractive "price" . . . Posted Image

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.S
Ditto.

Cool meeting you this week at HME, Ben.

Paul

P.S. - And then of course, there's the added bonus of us getting this for a very attractive "price" . . . Posted Image

Absolutely, Paul... it was a pleasure! We saw you last night as you were hauling some serious ass right in front of the Flamingo at about 6 PM... you were flying!

Bring on Heroes!

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,814 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 03:42 PM

We saw you last night as you were hauling some serious ass right in front of the Flamingo at about 6 PM... you were flying!

LOL. I freakin' hate the way the Strip corrals pedestrian traffic into going over, oh, about 30% more distance than needed to get to your destination! I was hustling to get back to Venetian, pack and jump a cab to McCarran after spending too much time oogling the insane grandeur that is CityCenter at their residential leasing office. Would ya'll believe I made an 8:50 flight after leaving Venetian at about 8:15? Heroes indeed!

I'm really impressed by the magnanimity (or desperation, depending upon your perspective) of Universal/HD DVD Promo to give away this many copies of a $100 title.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.S

I'm really impressed by the magnanimity (or desperation, depending upon your perspective) of Universal/HD DVD Promo to give away this many copies of a $100 title.

The strip can definitely make you feel like you are traveling within a herd of cattle. The slow-walkers who gaze up at the buildings and walk three to four people wide are the ones that really get to me...

Very impressive with your airport performance!

You thinking of moving to Vegas?

I take the gift of Heroes from Universal as being a very nice thing - - a very generous thing! That is an excellent product and they are excited about showing it off!

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 17,068 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 20 2007 - 06:08 PM

It did indeed look awesome, cant wait to get a copy for review!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,681 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 04:19 AM

This is a blind buy as people I know love it. I pre-ordered back in the spring when it was announced. You guys who've screened it make me even more excited! Posted Image

#9 of 16 ONLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 21 2007 - 06:30 AM

Quote:
impressed by the magnanimity (or desperation, depending upon your perspective)

Trust me it wasn't desperation. It took some talking (or groveling depending upon your perspective) Posted Image to make it happen.

That having been said I think they are very proud (and rightfully so) of the title.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,814 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 08:44 AM

Quote:
You thinking of moving to Vegas?
Naw--but you don't have to be contemplating living in Vegas in order to be interested in the largest contruction site in the world for the most expensive private development in history. Seven buildings, seven architects, $7 billion. Check it out if you haven't--trippy wild: CityCenter.com.

Trust me it wasn't desperation. It took some talking (or groveling depending upon your perspective) Posted Image to make it happen.
Good to know, Adam. Knowing that will help counter any criticisms of U/HD DVD PG only being reactionary with their offer.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

That having been said I think they are very proud (and rightfully so) of the title.

Come on Adam! Of course it's desperation!!!!

Afterall, we're talking about HD-DVD here. You know they can't do anything right/proper without it be labeled "An act of desperation." Posted Image

As much as I can't wait to see Heroes, I can't wait to see what they do with BSG. I will be at the Comicon next Thursday, so hopfully BSG producer Ron Moore will chime in with some details on the pending HD-DVD release.
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieW
Come on Adam! Of course it's desperation!!!!

Afterall, we're talking about HD-DVD here. You know they can't do anything right/proper without it be labeled "An act of desperation." Posted Image

As much as I can't wait to see Heroes, I can't wait to see what they do with BSG. I will be at the Comicon next Thursday, so hopfully BSG producer Ron Moore will chime in with some details on the pending HD-DVD release.

BSG is a must-own title on HD DVD.

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   ReggieW

ReggieW

Screenwriter

• 1,574 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Williams

Definitely Ben.

I am just wondering how they will release them. Season 4 doesn't start until Jan 08, so I'm wondering will they release season 1-2 first or just wait to do a season 3 (not yet announced on SD-DVD) release day/date with the standard dvd release ala Heroes and simply release S1 & 2 next year on HD-DVD.

Either way, I'm certain at least season 1 or 3 is arriving on HD-DVD in quarter four, but I think Uni is just going to promote the hell out of Heroes before announcing BSG season sets. I would not be surprised at all if an announcement for BSG did not come until after or around the time Heroes hits the streets.

I am hoping to hear SOMETHING at Comicon next week, as I'm sure that Ron Moore will likely be heavily involved in the production of any BSG HD-DVD's.
More Harlow on DVD Now! - Red Dust, Bombshell, Hold Your Man, Saratoga, The Iron Man, Goldie, The Secret Six, Beast of the City, Three Wise Girls, Reckless, Personal Property, Riff-raff, Suzy & Girl from Missouri

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 03:46 PM

Quote:

Definetly. Heroes and even ST:TOS pale in comparison to how anxiously I am awaiting this title in HD.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams

Second Unit

• 454 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Definetly. Heroes and even ST:TOS pale in comparison to how anxiously I am awaiting this title in HD.

Lots of shows get labeled as the best on TV, but BSG actually deserves that level of praise. BSG single-handedly turned my wife into a sci-fi fan, so the sci-fi geek inside of me owes Ronald Moore a deep debt of gratitude for that feat alone! Posted Image From what I've heard, we should be getting BSG season one initially with the potential for a quick followup of seasons 2 and 3 if the HD DVDs are successful. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be.

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,525 posts

Posted July 22 2007 - 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Williams
From what I've heard, we should be getting BSG season one initially with the potential for a quick followup of seasons 2 and 3 if the HD DVDs are successful. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be.

Cool! Hadn't heard that yet. Was that something they mentioned at EMA?

And let me add that I couldn't agree more about BSG! It has quickly become a classic IMO.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow