Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

AOL-SWAT episodes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 08:20 AM

I really don't understand this so maybe someone can explain the logic to me. I am one of the people who is really waiting for Sony to put out season 2 of SWAT, which at this point doesn't look like it will ever happen.

So why is it that I can go over to that AOL tv thing and watch most of the second season of SWAT for free on my computer. Why would Sony make it where AOL can show the episodes for free but they won't put them out on dvd for us to buy? Now I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth because I will watch them anyway I can but I would much rather own them so I could watch them on tv whenever I wanted to.

#2 of 7 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 09:07 AM

You should probably be applauding this instead of condemning it. This is a way for them to test the waters with the show. If they've gone to the trouble to digitize the show for AOL TV that means it is an easy step to put them on DVD.

The New Adventures of Batman was put on DVD after a year or so of being on AOL TV. Cross your fingers and watch the SWAT from as many different computers as you can.

#3 of 7 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 10:23 AM

Okay see I think I mentioned in my post that I wasn't looking a gift horse in the mouth, that means I am not condeming it, I am just trying to understand it. I would also watch it more this way but it only seems to work for about an hour a day. The rest of the time their system is broken and it makes it even more frustrating. I have put the word out to my friends who also want this show to go over there and watch it but they have the same problems with it I do.

But thanks for letting me know that a show you know about when to dvd after this process.

#4 of 7 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 11:25 AM

SWAT should have been released as a complete series set.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 7 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy
But thanks for letting me know that a show you know about when to dvd after this process.

I also think that Superboy was on AOL TV before it went to DVD.

AOL TV has advertisements...so even though it is free for you to watch, the company makes money from it. Therefore putting a show on AOL TV before DVD is simply a way for them to make more money off of a show since they went to the trouble to digitize it.

Since the show is on AOL TV, I think that means the odds of it coming to DVD are good.

#6 of 7 Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 12:54 PM

So it sounds like if they've gone through the trouble to digitalize it, we'll get it on DVD eventually.

When that day comes, it looks like I might want to pick up both season sets. I haven't seen the show since I was a little kid so I don't remember any of it, but I do remember I was a fan. Me and my brother both got the toy SWAT M-16's for Christmas one year. Lucky for my brother, he still has his.

#7 of 7 Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 02:12 PM

Is there any way to rip it to a disc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users