What's new

5-disc "Blade Runner"/"Harry Potter" sets (Blu-ray/HD DVD) coming (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6461120.html

"The Harry Potter set, priced at $119.97 standard-definition and $149.99 Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, will hold the first five films including the most recent theatrical installment, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It represents the first time Warner has enhanced a Potter collection with exclusive memorabilia, which includes bookmarks and collectible trading cards.

The five-disc Blade Runner set is $78.92 and four-disc is $34.99. Blu-ray and HD DVD versions of the five-disc configuration also will be available day and date."

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
the price diff for the 5 and 4 disc bladerunner set must be a typo as I can't see why the 5 disc would cost so much unless it comes with some statue or something. I realize the 4 disc may be the dvd version and 5 disc for the next gen but at more than double the price? No way.

I am giddy for the Harry Potter set

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Whoah! What's on the one additional disc to warrant more than doubling the price? Sounds like robbery to me.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Good the hear the HP set will contain all the films. I'm so glad I didn't spring for that UK Import of Goblet. :D

Hopefully we'll be getting dates soon for both Blade Runner and the HP set.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like the 5 disc Blade Runner is only confirmed for the dvd set. Surely the BD and possibly the HD set could lose at least one disc. Using the same price structure from Harry Potter the Blade Runner set should be about $100.

I posted this last night and it got moved to the SD board. I almost never even go over there anymore. :P

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
You are probably right on the price. It is going to be a little steep for a single movie, not matter how much I would like it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'm not paying $80 or $100 for any movie (or variations of it). Hopefully, there will be a trimmed down, more reasonably priced version.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

In the case of Blade Runner you could always get the remastered single disc that came out last year. How does $10 grab ya?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Since we focus on the price (they´re always eventually cheaper than in the first press release): Harry Potter set - $119.97 standard-definition and $149.99 HD. HD-set costs only 30$ more.. This must make some "SD DVD only"-fans upset and at least consider of getting that HD-player.

HD software should be almost as cheap as the SD DVD. That would speed up things.

MarekM

Supporting Actor
I wonder if they take a chance of two encodings, one for HD-DVD and one for Blu-ray to take advantege of having BD50 hmm.

I am in for both boxsets :)

Marek

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

The article states "Blu-ray and HD DVD versions of the five-disc configuration also will be available day and date."

MarekM

Supporting Actor

or we will get several cuts of movie ?
or all extras in 1080p ? hmm

I would be happy with one BD50 for movie, all cuts via seamless brenching :) DolbyTrueHD, plus one BD50 for all extras...

Marek

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

If all the versions are in HD (which they better be) I think they do need the space, especially if seamless branching isn't (or can't be) used. Plus Warner will probably go the lower space 25gig route with BD because they have a one size fits all policy.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Now I want the game to be rewritten for XP and Vista. Let's spend the next ten years lobbying for that, ok?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
New Blade Runner information from dvdactive:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...final-cut.html

It looks like we will not be wanting for options when we go to purchase this one. Sign me up for the 5-disc digipak BD please. :D

Note to the mods:

I posted this here to avoid creating another thread, but since this thread deals with the release of two properties, perhaps splitting it out would be in order?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Wow, that is a ridiculous amount of content! I would be truly surprised if all of the versions of the film on the 5-disc (or less) HD/BD version is not in HD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Seems like I need to clear some room off the shelves for Blade Runner, don't I? And clear an entire week to get through all the features. This is great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks