Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Rookies

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted July 17 2007 - 12:26 PM

I noticed a couple of threads touching on this series, time to resurrect the fact that today is the official release day - I picked up a copy yesterday and found them to be quite good - and they look great too. Typical of Sony the set is priced more than most Season sets but since almost anything from that era and earlier are actually entertaining I didn't hesitate to purchase the First Season. Anyone else looking forward to getting this show? And hopefully Sony will not drop the ball on this and actually release all the seasons.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted July 17 2007 - 01:34 PM

I just ordered it from Deep Discount, I should get it sometime next week.Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 03:51 AM

I will pick it up this week. I'm a fan of the '70's/Spelling productions. I'm still holding my breath for more Charlie's Angels!
Dan T.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 05:56 AM

It'll be nice to see these complete for the first time since 1972. The Rookies was a show that really suffered in syndication. When the show went off network in 1976 there was a large outcry over violence and this show was badly cut to take out the violent scenes. It will be interesting to see if they reach a 3rd season release if we'll actually get the SWAT pilot, which has never been in syndication.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 536 posts

Posted November 07 2007 - 11:49 AM

Just ordered this. I barely remember this show growing up, but the DVD reviews have been very good (minus the fact that the pilot is not included), so I picked it up as a blind buy.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted May 17 2009 - 02:13 PM

I bought the first season of the rookies a few years ago and love the series. However, I am frustrated that there has been no future season released. I have been collected dvds for over 4 years and have over 250 dvds and approximately 80-90 tv shows on dvd. I dont watch tv anymore and only watched my dvds, especially the old tv shows, because they are classic. I do not feel today's tv is worthwhile.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,405 posts

Posted May 17 2009 - 10:52 PM

Agreed, it's superficial and boring beyond belief, hope too more Rookies will come!!!!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted May 17 2009 - 11:04 PM

Agree with Henry.

Paul, I'd say that you're on the right forum Posted Image I haven't seen any network series since around '95 or so. I have only 1 TV/DVD show after that ("Firefly" '02).

As for the Rookies, I'd also get another set if it's released.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users