What's new

Bladerunner/Potter Q4 - Warner maximizes profit (1 Viewer)

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I don't know why anyone would buy the Harry Potter box set when there are two movies yet to come out. I'll wait until the inevitable complete box set is released in about three years.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What on earth do you gain with the Blade Runner 5 disc set over the 4 disc, for more than double the price?

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor

Probably some kind of figurine or other tangible product packaged in with the set. Will be interesting to see the price structure for the HD/BD set. And how many discs?

Cheers,

Jason

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, I'd consider repurchasing the Harry Potter films if it came with new, more in-depth extras that were lacking from the original release, but if it's just gonna be the old discs packaged with the new movie, I'd say forget it.

I'm gonna have a hard time justifying that $40 disparity between the two Blade Runner sets though. I don't really care for the bonuses (replicas, etc.) but I really want that bonus disc if it does include the workprint. Is an extra disc really worth that much?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm totally buying the 5 disc blade runner. de Lazurika worked on this one, and it's his favorite film, (I think :P), it will be awesome.

I'l probably buy that complete Gilmore Girls set too....

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The extras disc on the 2-disc SE for "The 300" has a promo with excerpts from the Blade Runner documentary that almost made my wallet open up by itself. :)

Regards,

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
There would have to be some damn serious extras on that last disc for me to get the more than twice as expensive edition of Blade Runner. Don't care much for extra physical trinkets or gaudy packaging like the case that was shown on ezydvd.

However the 4-disc edition has a really great price. I honestly thought it would be more expensive. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I find it extremely hard to grasp Warner won't be releasing at least six different Order of the Phoenix versions this fall: single disc fullscreen, single disc widescreen, double disc widescreen, HD, Blu-Ray and then the box set regardless of what the story says.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'll definitely buy the 5 disc set with briefcase and toy spinner, that is as soon as I am finished getting "Loser" tattooed on my forehead. ;)

Try not to take that personally, folks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I could care less about the trinkets -- wish I could get that 5th BR disc for less than a $40 markup.

The article says that the 5-disc configuration will be available in BD and HD-DVD, but no mention of the 4-disc edition. I wonder if the high def versions will also include all the doohickeys.

It'd be lame to have to pay for them to get the HD versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks