What's new

What To Do With Old Bowling Balls ? (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
Closet cleaning yielded 4 of my old bowling balls. I'm looking for ideas on what to do with them other than giving them to the local bowling alley or trashing them.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You could always Freecycle them to other bowlers.

Maybe you can stack them in your lawn in the shape of a pyramid and try to get it into the new 7 wonders of the world...

Jay

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe sell them on eBay. If that's too much of a hassle, and you don't think you can make any money on them, the bowling alley idea isn't bad. At least you'll know they'll be getting some use.

LewB

Screenwriter
I doubt they'll get much use at the bowling alley. I use a 16 pound ball and have rather small fingers (I know I'll regret that statement).
Perhaps Letterman would like to drop them from a tower
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
You could always donate them to a local school, rehabilitation program or rec group. They could get them redrilled if necessary, and I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Joe

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious why someone would own more than one bowling ball. I've had one for years and the only reason I can see why I'd ever get another would be if something happened to the first one. I doubt my hand size is going to change.

Can someone fill me in?

LewB

Screenwriter
Bowling ball technology changes. The ball manufacturers are always coming up with new ball types (urethane, resin, blah blah blah) to make us buy a new ball when the old one might be just fine (kind of like golf clubs, I guess).
The problem with these new balls is that over time, the dressing from the lane is absorbed by the ball. So the ball that used to hook a certain way starts to hook or react differently.
Believe it or not, your hand and fingers do change over time, but my usual reason for buying a new bowling ball is the desire to improve my average via technology ;)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Goodwill 'em.... or donate them to an art school for use in sculptures or something. The only reason that comes to mind is because there's a well-known frozen custard stand here in town that has a bowling ball sculpture on the wall.

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
We give tons of stuff to ARC or Habitat for Humanity. They will take almost anything you don't need anymore or don't want - as long as it is in decent working shape. One person's trash is truly someone else's treasure.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Just carry it around with you and once in a while, say

"Anyone know the difference between this bowling ball and Rosie O'Donnell? No? Well, the diference is ...... if you really had to, you could eat the bowling ball."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks