What's new

PSYCH Season 2 ongoing discussion (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just a friendly reminder that Psych (and Monk), returns tonight on the USA network.

I am really looking forward to it. I loved the first season and I am looking forward to see where they go with it.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Pretty good episode that was made so much more awesome by Tim Curry as the judge.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I never heard of the show until I got a small actor role on it this year. Now, of course, I think it is a really fun, smart show!

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Good season opener. Tim Curry was in top form. His "Murderer Critique" at the end was hilarious.

This is a great summer show.

Scott, which episode are you in?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I liked the season opener. Looks like they havn't missed a beat.

I noticed that they have the exact same cast. I was sort of hoping for a new member, or something to change a little. I am worried the show might start to get stale. So far it hasn't for me, but I can see how it could if they don't make a few changes of some sort.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
No comments on this week's episode?

I did find the change in the Sean's Dad's personality a bit strange. I don't know if they are just tweeking it a bit, or if they are making his change a story arch.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I was a little surprised that he didn't mention how his helping Lassiter is probably what set off the streak in the first place, and I'm a little surprised as well that Jules wasn't more supportive, although I guess it'd be good for her career too if her partner was doing well.

I'm not really sure its that big a change in the father. All the first season, we were made to think he had been overly controlling in his parenting, but honestly what we saw didn't quite match up with that usually, so its not too inconsistent really.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This weeks episode was a pretty good one. I liked Sean having to battle against a "real" psychic.

I also have been noticing that Juliet has been less supportive of Sean and Gus. I wonder if it is just me, or if the writers are tinkering with the characters a little?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, the only problem with this week's episode was that it was obvious from the get-go that she was involved somehow, in my opinion. It was still humorous though, so thats really all that matters.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Funny episode. Yeah, we all knew she was involved, but it was still fun to see Shawn put it together.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
O'Hara has never been squarely in Sean and Gus's corner. She's also not 100% in Lassie's corner; she's more like the bemused observer, albeit with her own fair share of character quirks.

That said, they aren't pushing the romantic angle between her and Sean (Shawn?) this season. I don't mind that, even though the actors have great chemistry.

I think Sean and Gus have been playing off each other better this season; last season was almost exclusively Sean undermining Gus at every turn.

They really didn't do much with the wet bar angle.

Not a great show, but it has turned into a consistently solid and entertaining one.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I guess this show has lost some of it's viewers.

Last season we had much more activity in the season thread.

This last episode was ok, but I think it is starting to get stale. They need to change up the formula a little. Even something small like letting the Detective agency get some other clients. That might make it more possible to get Sean and Gus to get into some different things.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think discussion for summer series is down across the board here for whatever reason. I'm still watching, but as things have fallen into a groove, I fine I don't have as much to add.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm still a loyal Psych viewer.
Psych comes back this Friday from a week break.

I still think this show is great.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, this last episode was pretty good. The 2 guys hanging out at the playground was very funny.

Next week is the last episode of the summer season. I think they will be back next year. I hope they try and change things up a bit. I am afraid they are getting a bit redundant.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really liked the "Rob-a-Bye Baby" episode.
Playground scene was funny.

But I also like Shawn's comment about Denise Richards(Christmas Jones) unbelievable character

NEXT EPISODE is

Bounty Hunters!
First aired: 9/14/2007

Juliet asks Shawn and Gus for help in capturing an accused murder who escaped from her. They track the man down, but soon discover he is innocent and they try to find the real killer -- but things are complicated by a bounty hunter.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The summer season finale, "Bounty Hunter" was pretty good. I think it was my favorite of the season.

I wonder how long they are going to tease us with the Sean/Juliet romance?

When she allowed Sean to stay that close to kissing her, it surprised me. I thought she was not interested in Sean romantically. But clearly she is.

The show is coming back in January. Guess we will find out then.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, I also really enjoyed the Bounty Hunter episode.
Real fun with Shawn and Gus at odds with Sorbo
Handful of movie references.
Enjoyed the comment Shawn said to Gus about spoiling the end of Wargames for him.

I really wanted Gus to kiss Juliet.
But liked it how it was just kept and "close talking"
a nice moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks