Source

CD Player: Sony CDP-XA20ES
HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-XA2
Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S300
DVD/DVD-A/SACD Player: Yamaha DVD-S2300
CD Recorder: Denon CDR-W1500
S-VHS VCR: JVC HRS-9911U
S-VHS VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U82
HD Satellite: Dish Network HD VIP622 DVR/ Hughes HR10-250 Tivo DVR/DirecTV Receiver
Laserdisc Player: Pioneer DVL-919
Minidisc Recorder: Sony MDS-JE530
Tape Deck: Sony TC-K707ES

Display

Sony KDS-R70XBR2 70" SXRD HDTV

Power Conditioner/Surge Protection

Monster Power HTS 5000
Panamax Max DBS
APC Smart UPS SUA750

Additional electronics

Outlaw Audio ICBM 1 Bass Manager
Yamaha APD-1 AC-3 RF Demodulator

Additional Speakers

Subwoofer: ADS MS3
Rear Center Surrounds: Paradigm Mini Monitors
Rear L/R Height Channels: Paradigm Mini Monitors

Interconnects/Speaker Wire

Speaker Cables - Mains: Monster Cable M Series (Bi-Wired Shotgun Configuration)
Speaker Cable - Center: Monter Cable M Series
Speaker Cable - Surrounds: Monster Cable Original 12 gauge
Interconnects: Outlaw Audio PCA with locking barrel ends
Coax Digital: Apature Accusound Digital
Optical: Monster Light Speed 200
XLR Balanced Cables: Cobalt Ultimate Balanced XLR
HDMI Cables: Audioquest Cinemaquest HDMI X

troy evans

Screenwriter
Man,That is very nice.Classy and tasteful not overdone.Congrats on an amazing home theater room and Thanks for sharing.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
troy,

Thanks for the nice compliment :) After looking at some of the many HT setups, there sure are some pretty amazing ones posted here.

Adam_R

Second Unit
I totally hate you.

And you can take that as a compliment. That is an INCREDIBLE setup.

:P

That is some seriously nice gear, but I am not digging the room so much. That kind of setup needs it's own closed off room. I am not feeling "theater" from those pics. I am getting "way overdone living room".

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

First off, thanks for the compliment ;) And I have to agree with you, a dedicated room for this gear is definitely the ultimate way to go. But as I don't yet have that "dedicated room", this is the best that I can do. But for as open of an area as it is, it sounds surprisingly good :) Both music and movies look and sound incredible.

I can get the room very dark if need be for movie watching. I intentionally brightened the room for the pix. But for the here and now I'm happy :)

Seth

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Seth;

You have great taste [and obviously a generous budget] and your finished product is awesome. I share the observation that it is somewhat of a sacrilege to not have this gear in a dedicated room, but figured you already knew that and will address it when you can. As far as shared rooms go, this has to be one of the best I've seen. Dish and Direct TV? Why? Just curious.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics. How were you able to post such high quality pics directly to the forum. When I try, my files are always too large.

John

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

Thank you for the compliments on my setup :) Yes a dedicated theater room is the the best way to go. At some point in the not too distant future a dedicated room is going to be constructed. But for the present, my living room/home theater sounds pretty amazing!

Re why I have both Dish and DirecTV. Well I no longer subscribe to DirecTV but I still have some high def content on the HD Tivo hard drive. So this why I still have it in there ;)

As to how I was able to insert my theater pix directly in the post. I have all my photos on Webshots and it has an option to add photos into forum messages. It works really nicely :) As for how to do that on your own, I'm not really sure. I remember back when, with most forums one could insert an image using the supplied editor, and it worked great. But now when I've tried this all that shows up is little boxes with red x's in them.

Seth

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks for the info Seth. I'm off to Lowes in the morning to see what I can see.

John

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Just figured it was time to update my photos.;) So quite a few of the photos above are new ones.

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
What you need, is a projector. Anything under 3m diagonally is doing your sound equipment no justice, in my opinion. Perhaps when you have your dedicated room?

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator

Yes a dedicated theater room with a front projector is without a doubt the ultimate way to go. But since I don't yet have a dedicated room, this current setup with the 70 inch Sony SXRD TV works really well. But someday when I do have a room built I will have at least a 120 inch screen. :)

motegi

Auditioning
Real Name
Koji Honda
Holey moley! Excellent system!

I have a soft spot for Martin Logans myself and forsee owning some in the near future!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks