What's new

NHL: Anaheim Ducks - 2007 Stanley Cup Champions (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

The standard annual release is already out. Couldn't find any details but it should have the usual highlights, interviews, and probably the Cup-winning game, as has been the case with the last few such DVDs.

However, NHL and WB will release a 6-disc "Special Edition" on October 2 which, presumably, will contain the entire Finals (something they should always do - and do for the past winners).

Amazon links: Standard/Special Edition

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Wow, that'd be cool if they include the entire series (or the final game), I've never heard of that happening.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well, the past several DVDs have included the final Cup-winning game as extra (billed as complete, but missing any pre- and post-game, as well as any intermission broadcast footage). The SE, however, would be the first such release for the NHL, with a complete Finals on DVD, much like the MLB has been doing.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

The MLB has done complete games....? I have the 2002 one and the only extras are a few of the home runs, IIRC. They then reissued it without the extras for some reason.

Do the games use the network commentators or the radio feed from the team that won?

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
One thing that really bugs me...A few years back I bought the Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup DVD, and it did include game 7 in it's entirety, along with the post game celebrations, etc. When originally broadcast it was 16:9 (due to being broadcast in HD), and looked just beautiful, however on the DVD, the game 7 is in 4:3. I was so disappointed.
The Buccaneers Super Bowl DVD has the same thing... the Super Bowl game is in 4:3, despite it originally airing as 16:9, in HD.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I have the Tampa Bay DVD, don't remember what aspect ratio the game was in, but the Carolina DVD has the game in 16:9 as shown on NBC-HD.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, WB did a set of the entire New York Rangers '94 Cup series. I think it even included the entire conference finals series, too.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Yes but nothing apart from that. They should make one for every Cup winner at least from 2007 until 1994.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Why not prior to 1994? I'd have loved to have seen the Canadiens last Cup win (although I was rooting for Gretzky & The Kings), I'd also like to see the Penguins wins, the Oilers wins, and the Flames win.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
That's why I said at least. Sure I'd love a complete Finals set for every winner, but probably the later series would be easiest to put out from the archives of ESPN, NBC, ABC, et al.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks