Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Night Gallery S2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Guest_silverking_*

Guest_silverking_*

Posted July 10 2007 - 07:45 PM

It appears this is due for release in Region 2 (UK) on Oct 1st.

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 10:23 PM

boy, would I love to see this get a R1 release. I'll wait a little while, but if nothing is announced here by Oct, I'll be importing it for sure. Apart from a couple truly great stories, the second season contains most of the ones I think of when I think of this show.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 862 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted July 11 2007 - 02:46 AM

It is due to be released in the US during the Oct - Dec time frame. This was first mentioned by Movie Unlimited's Movie Buzz q&a and confirmed by one of the authors of Night Gallery: An After Hours Tour at the Night Gallery website. I would expect it to be released mid October.
"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
boy, would I love to see this get a R1 release. I'll wait a little while, but if nothing is announced here by Oct, I'll be importing it for sure. Apart from a couple truly great stories, the second season contains most of the ones I think of when I think of this show.

My thoughts exactly. S2 has many standouts: "Silent Snow, Secret Snow", "A Question of Fear", "Midnight Never Ends", "Pickman's Model", "Cool Air", The Messiah on Mott Street", "Green Fingers", "The Caterpillar" and so many more. Very exciting news as I've been waiting for a couple of years now for Universal to make a move with S2. (I wonder if they're actually outsourcing this).

I could not find anything at the nightgallery.net site that indicates that a second season release is in the works, though.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 862 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted July 11 2007 - 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ks
I could not find anything at the nightgallery.net site that indicates that a second season release is in the works, though.

You have to page through the message boards to find where it is discussed.
"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 05:56 AM

Thanks, but it's too much trouble to establish a yahoo ID and join the discussion group. Guess I'll just wait for the news to appear on the "Night Gallery on DVD" section of the Mr. Skelton's site.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted July 11 2007 - 06:03 AM

I was watching this on Chiller. I agree with Michael's choices for second season episodes. When it was good, it was an A+, but when it was bad, it was an F. No middle ground for that show at all!

P.S. I see Werewolf is on Chiller too. I wonder if that will get a DVD release?

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   chas speed

chas speed

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickER
I was watching this on Chiller. I agree with Michael's choices for second season episodes. When it was good, it was an A+, but when it was bad, it was an F. No middle ground for that show at all!

P.S. I see Werewolf is on Chiller too. I wonder if that will get a DVD release?
I always felt it had about the same average as Twilight Zone, about 1/3rd were great, another 1/3rd were ok and another 1/3rd were unwatchable.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 11:50 AM

Great news! I'll be picking this up the day it's released.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Cheetah

Cheetah

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 03:55 PM

Finally! Considering it will have been well over three years by late this year since season one had been released, it proves that you can never completely give up on any series from being released in its entirety.

This has to be one of the longest periods of time between DVD releases for two seasons of any show.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
This has to be one of the longest periods of time between DVD releases for two seasons of any show.

At around 3 years, 3 months, it actually surpasses the hiatus between box sets 2 and 3 of "The Rifleman". Still bothers me that the news has not been mentioned directly on the nightgallery.net site--maybe Skelton is waiting for something more definitive to post?

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 03:31 AM

I wondern if Universal overseas is as mediocre overseas as it is in the US. Safe to say any R1 release would be unlikely to be remastered as well not having any extras.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 08:27 AM

This is excellent news, if indeed true! Any chance that the abbreviated season three could possibly be rolled up into this season two release, as well? Lordy, I would hate to have to wait another three years to finally complete collecting the whole show.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 09:37 AM

I'd hate to think we are building ourselves up for a letdown with this. If it indeed is due out before Halloween, it should be officially announced before the end of the month.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow