Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jericho Pilot for Free!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 01:16 PM

Every Tuesday I logon to Itunes to see what they are offering for Free this week (They usually offer 2 or 3 Songs and an occaisional Episode.) I logged on this morning and lo and Behold, its the Pilot Episode of Jericho on their "Free from Itunes" list!Posted Image Needless to say I got my Download! It's just the Pilot (The other Episodes will cost you) but it's a Starter! It will only play on youe Computer, Ipod or Apple TV but Free is Free! Get your Copy Today!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 38,106 :biggrin: ( 817 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,426  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 03:50 PM

Jericho isn't that a good a show. How much can they milk out of a town that survived a nuclear attack? I'm not sure what's more amazing: that CBS actually renewed the series for a partial second season (in response to a letter writing campaign) or that Gerald McRaney is still getting acting jobs.

It only took two episodes for me to call it quits on Jericho, and I don't usually give up that quickly. Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Nick_TV

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff#
How much can they milk out of a town that survived a nuclear attack? It only took two episodes for me to call it quits on Jericho, and I don't usually give up that quickly. Posted Image

Perhaps you gave up too quickly. Towards the middle of the season you'll figure out that Jericho has many possibilities. There's more going on besides this one town....

Especially towards the end of the season, you'll realize they've just scratched the surface...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 05:27 PM

Well, there's a bit more to it than that, Nick. I don't care about the characters in Jericho. Having bland characters in any work of fiction sometimes leads to poor ratings. And that is normally the kiss of death for a TV series. FOX's "Firefly" is another example.

If CBS had more confidence in this show, they would have given it more than a 7 episode re-order.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,906 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 10 2007 - 06:11 PM

Well, I'm glad for the information, anyway. I've wanted to try the series, and this is a risk-free way to do it. I would never have known about it without this thread. Thanks.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Rocky F

Rocky F

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 02:48 AM

All the episodes are available for free on CBS.com, although I guess you could only watch them on your computer. Also, CBS will reair the back half of the season on Friday nights over the summer, so there are several ways to watch the show.

And for Jeff#, I've got to second Nick TV, you ought to give the last half of the season a try, it really turned into a great show. I for one am glad CBS gave it a second chance, even if it is only 7 episodes (so far.)
Rocky