Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vol 1 - October 23, 2007

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 of 113 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 09:10 AM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=7634

At long last October 23

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 113 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,719 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 10:57 AM

Great news. I wonder how many episodes will be included and how much supplemental material (there is supposed to be one historical documentary for each episode). TSoD says this is the first of three volumes. Maybe the third will be out in time for Indy IV in May.

#3 of 113 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,352 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
Maybe the third will be out in time for Indy IV in May.
My guess is that the second volume will be out in May for the theatrical release of Indy IV and the third volume will come out with the Indy IV DVD in November 2008.

#4 of 113 WhitneyG

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
Great news. I wonder how many episodes will be included and how much supplemental material (there is supposed to be one historical documentary for each episode). TSoD says this is the first of three volumes. Maybe the third will be out in time for Indy IV in May.
Well, if there are three volumes for the entire run, we can expect around seven or eight of the 22 two-hour movies on each volume. That's four discs each. Depending on the length of each special feature, they could fit it on the same four discs or include a fifth disc with special features. I'd prefer the former, because it would probably mean a lower MSRP, but if they don't have the space, I'll take it either way.

#5 of 113 Kris Z.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:50 AM

Oh, good news. My brother has been asking me about this one now and again for the last couple of years and now I can finally tell him something other than "still nothing".

I'm going to be really disappointed if these aren't new transfers from film though. What are the chances that they'll just be dumps from some old composite broadcast masters?

#6 of 113 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:58 AM

I hope they don't release them as the edited together movies. Release them as individual complete episodes like when they were originally aired.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 113 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 11:59 AM

Its good to know they finally have a release date Posted Image

#8 of 113 pitt_norton

pitt_norton

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd s
I hope they don't release them as the edited together movies. Release them as individual complete episodes like when they were originally aired.

I especially hope so too. The edited movies got rid of the old Indy segments if I recall correctly?

But this is Lucasfilm. I won't hold my breath.

#9 of 113 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 01:49 PM

Young Indy and Twin Peaks Set a week apart. Excellent!!

Quote:
My guess is that the second volume will be out in May for the theatrical release of Indy IV and the third volume will come out with the Indy IV DVD in November 2008.

I agree that is exactly what will happen more than likely.

#10 of 113 Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd s
I seem to remember reading somewhere that these would be the edited movies... I for one would prefer the original episodes as presented, but I am not holding my breath!

Been waiting a while for this, so I will be adding it to my purchase list for the fall!!!

Jack

#11 of 113 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,352 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 10 2007 - 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cleveland
I seem to remember reading somewhere that these would be the edited movies... I for one would prefer the original episodes as presented, but I am not holding my breath!
If they went to the 'trouble' of editing them together for the VHS release a few years ago, I'd imagine that's the way that Lucas wants them presented.

*Cue posts about how George Lucas is worse than Hitler*

#12 of 113 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
If they went to the 'trouble' of editing them together for the VHS release a few years ago, I'd imagine that's the way that Lucas wants them presented.

*Cue posts about how George Lucas is worse than Hitler*

I am not so sure thats the way they wanted them. When they released them as edited movies...Their was very little tv on vhs (before dvd). So they figured the only way to release this show is as 2 hr movies. I am hoping that the original version (as aired on tv) was the true way Lucas wanted them.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#13 of 113 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 03:15 PM

It is the movies that will grace the dvd's. I remember that question being asked of Rick McCallum at a convention. The movies are much better than the individual episodes making more sense and that is what Lucas wanted on these dvds. You get the movie which deals with specific historical figures and a newly produced documentary on them. The only thing you really lose in the movies is the older harrison ford footage which lucas and ford regret ever doing. Maybe that will be tossed on as a an extra.

#14 of 113 Colby

Colby

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted July 10 2007 - 06:37 PM

George Hall is the one whose scenes aren't in the "films." The Harrison Ford footage is still in Mystery of the Blues. And I don't seem to recall hearing either Ford or Lucas ever regret having done those scenes.

#15 of 113 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 07:36 AM

Well if they are edited. I am glad I still have my off the air vhs tapings from the original broadcast. The only ones I don't have are the 2 or 3 episodes that never aired, until they were part of some of the movies.

#16 of 113 Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Z.
Oh, good news. My brother has been asking me about this one now and again for the last couple of years and now I can finally tell him something other than "still nothing".

I'm going to be really disappointed if these aren't new transfers from film though. What are the chances that they'll just be dumps from some old composite broadcast masters?

Editing and effects were done in the video realm so they really couldn't remaster from film without redoing all the effects.

It's the Star Trek-TNG conumdrum all over again.
-Jay

#17 of 113 Kris Z.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Pennington
Editing and effects were done in the video realm so they really couldn't remaster from film without redoing all the effects.

It's the Star Trek-TNG conumdrum all over again.
Well, that certainly wasn't the answer that I wanted to hear...

#18 of 113 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 09:05 AM

I don't remember the TV show having any two-parters - let alone the entire run being made up of 2-part episodes. So how did the movie versions work. Did they just throw together two almost-connected episodes and there's your movie, did they reedit the footage to make them work. I guess my question is, do they actually feel like one big story, or like two episodes glued together.
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#19 of 113 hispro

hispro

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted July 13 2007 - 01:11 PM

Having owned the video releases since they became available since 1999, I have to say that I am very glad to finally hear that this series is coming ot on DVD. And personally I am glad that they are releasing them in movie format rather than the original episodes. Now usually I'm the first one to jump up and say that I want series to be released in their original format, however I find Young Indiana Jones to be told better in the movie format. There's a lot of unaired footage that was shot for the movie versions, including whole stories, and the movie format not only fits better with the Feature films but are just a much better experience this way! I can't wait for this to come out.

Wayne

#20 of 113 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted July 13 2007 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLouwrens
I don't remember the TV show having any two-parters - let alone the entire run being made up of 2-part episodes. So how did the movie versions work. Did they just throw together two almost-connected episodes and there's your movie, did they reedit the footage to make them work. I guess my question is, do they actually feel like one big story, or like two episodes glued together.

Matthew i remember that an episode would shoehorn nicely into the next. The older teen had quite a few episodes based in WWI France if i recall correctly, as an example.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow