What's new

5% OFF @ Amazon for "Heroes - Season 1 [HD DVD]" (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
GREAT DEAL for Amazon PRIME member's, ... add another 5% OFF on top of their HD DVD 10% off by using the following coupon code :D ...

tvguide5

Does require cancelling the original "Heroes - Season 1 [HD DVD] (2006)" pre-order and creating a new pre-order, but, ... for a total of 15% OFF (w/PRIME FREE 2-day SH), ... it's worth it!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

For non-PRIME member's, you can use the 5% off code to lower the $69.95 HD DVD Amazon normal pre-release price.
===========

NOTE: Don't know when the code expires!

Phil

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
How do we get this 10% on HD-DVD? I just signed up for prime but I don't see a special price for the HD-DVD.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Phil, I think you are confusing amazon prime with the 10% High Def disc promotion from last year. Unless there is something at Prime that I don't know about.

Keith,

The 10% off at amazon of high def titles that people talk about is part of a promotion from last year where if you bought 3 high definition discs (HD DVD and/or BD) you get 10% off all of your high def disc purchases for the rest of the year, and you didn't (don't) have to be a Prime member to have taken advantage of this. This was then extended to last the entirety of this year as well. Those who didn't get in on this last year missed out. As far as I know, becoming an Amazon Prime member does not give you this deal. (If it did, then I should't I be getting an additional 10% off [20% in total]? I'm not).

It was a really nice promotion they had, and it certainly keeps all of my high def purchases with Amazon (basically, it did what they wanted it to do). But it doesn't have anything to do with being a member of Amazon Prime (unless I'm missing something about prime that I should know about). Amazon prime gets you the free 2 day shipping though, which is really great. That's why I bought into the "prime" thing last year. With only a few days before X-mas, it was nice to get my stuff in 2 days for free (and the express shipping is super cheap with prime).

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Excellent explaination Sean, ... though, in my case, ... I didn't sign-up for PRIME! Apparently, the deal was, ... after I ordered my Toshiba HD-A1 and 2 HD DVDs (AUG 2006), ... I was automatically given a FREE 3-month* Amazon PRIME Memembership. Since my group order qualified, those 2 HD DVDs also reflected the 10% OFF on the invoice - so I assumed that the Amazon PRIME was part of the 10% OFF HD DVD deal.

*After the 3-month period was up, I officially joined Amazon PRIME membership.

Sorry, Keith, ... I forgot (yeah, gettin' old ;)) about all the details and stuff until Sean posted his explaination!

Phil

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. I just bought an HD-DVD player so I totally missed out on that deal. Still I went ahead a preordered with the 5% off, and I'm trying out the prime trial offer. That's a nice deal and I might stick with it, I'll just have to preorder more DVDs rather than buying them at the B&Ms like I have been doing lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks