Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Which Frequencies do I need to absorb?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Joe Rosiak

Joe Rosiak

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 01:42 PM

I have searched this forum for many days, and leaned a ton about how to sound treat my theater room. However, I still have not found a thread that explains to me how I can determine which frequency my theater room has too much of.

Basically my theater room suffers from a VERY BAD "slap echo" which at times makes it very difficult to hear the mid and high ranges. Is there a way I can verify the exact frequencies I need to absorb to get a flat response from my room?

If there are threads that I have not found yet, please reply with the link to the post. (I am not opposed to RTFM)
-Joe

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 07:49 AM

Here are a couple of links on other forums dedicated to room acoustics:
http://www.audiocirc....php?board=73.0
http://www.hometheat....dio-acoustics/

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,932 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted July 14 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
Basically my theater room suffers from a VERY BAD "slap echo" which at times makes it very difficult to hear the mid and high ranges. Is there a way I can verify the exact frequencies I need to absorb to get a flat response from my room?
That’s usually indicative of a room with hard floors and walls, perhaps even lots of glass. Wall-to-wall carpet will usually solve the problem, or if not, adding heavy draperies to the windows.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews