What's new

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles question (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Howdy!
I watched a few of the old YIJC on VHS from my local library. Some of these were very fun! Anyway, I missed them in their original TV run but heard that there was a framing device of a 93 year old Indiana Jones who introduced each episode, as if recalling his life. This was removed from the tapes. Any pics out there of this footage? Any thought on if it will be returned to the DVD collection (isn't that coming out soon?). I searched the web for it but whenever I did, I got new pics of old Harrison! :D

Thanks!

Phil

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
I didn't care all that much for YIJC when it first aired, but the best part of the episode about Picasso and Degas was the framing story with old Indy. A shame that this won't see the light of day again.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Yeah, he was in (almost) all of them, but only in the "standard TV episode" versions. The ones that were released on VHS (and will be released on DVD) are different edits, many of them combining two episodes into one "movie". So it's not just a case of the Old Indy footage having been edited out.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Thanks! Great pic. I love the missing eye. It would be neat if they could figure a way to get him back into the discs. I mean, it IS George Lucas and when did he ever leave well enough alone? :) The IMDB page for this actor lists all the YIJC as cast credit so it appears he was, at one time, in all of them.

Excelsior!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have every episode that aired taped from its original broadcast. If its true that they will be editing them and taking out the intros with the old man. I will transfer these to dvd and save them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks