Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Phil Florian

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 02:44 AM

Howdy!
I watched a few of the old YIJC on VHS from my local library. Some of these were very fun! Anyway, I missed them in their original TV run but heard that there was a framing device of a 93 year old Indiana Jones who introduced each episode, as if recalling his life. This was removed from the tapes. Any pics out there of this footage? Any thought on if it will be returned to the DVD collection (isn't that coming out soon?). I searched the web for it but whenever I did, I got new pics of old Harrison! Posted Image

Thanks!

Phil

#2 of 8 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,311 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 08 2007 - 04:51 AM

My understanding is that old Indy was used to intro the first episode/story and not all of them.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 05:10 AM

There is a picture of George Hall as old Indy on the following web page:
http://www.innermind...cast.htm#CAST03

Quote:
My understanding is that old Indy was used to intro the first episode/story and not all of them.

The way I remember it, old Indy was on all of the episodes, except for one that had Harrison Ford instead.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Larry House

Larry House

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 05:22 AM

I didn't care all that much for YIJC when it first aired, but the best part of the episode about Picasso and Degas was the framing story with old Indy. A shame that this won't see the light of day again.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Arild

Arild

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jacobson
The way I remember it, old Indy was on all of the episodes, except for one that had Harrison Ford instead.
Yeah, he was in (almost) all of them, but only in the "standard TV episode" versions. The ones that were released on VHS (and will be released on DVD) are different edits, many of them combining two episodes into one "movie". So it's not just a case of the Old Indy footage having been edited out.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Phil Florian

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted July 09 2007 - 12:30 AM

Thanks! Great pic. I love the missing eye. It would be neat if they could figure a way to get him back into the discs. I mean, it IS George Lucas and when did he ever leave well enough alone? :-) The IMDB page for this actor lists all the YIJC as cast credit so it appears he was, at one time, in all of them.

Excelsior!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted July 09 2007 - 05:31 AM

I have every episode that aired taped from its original broadcast. If its true that they will be editing them and taking out the intros with the old man. I will transfer these to dvd and save them.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted July 09 2007 - 04:58 PM

One of my first gigs when I worked at Carolco. i loved those shoots...
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

Forum Nav Content I Follow