Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Kill Bill: "The Whole Bloody Affair" 4 discs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 of 54 OFFLINE   Alejandro

Alejandro

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 12:44 AM

Amazon Lists Four-Disc, NC-17, 247 minutes Kill Bill: "The Whole Bloody Affair" DVD edition for November

http://www.amazon.co....dp/B000R7HY0A/
Fasten your seatbelts!

#2 of 54 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 12:49 AM

Itll be interesting to see it as one film for those of us who havent. I wonder if itll just play back to back or whether things will actually be reedited for the one film version.

#3 of 54 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 06:32 AM

As far as I know there are only minor, non-structural changes made and that they still pretty much play as-is and that there's even an intermission between "volumes". The combined length will make it necessary to split the film up on two discs anyways so the intermission doesn't bother me. I have a feeling that a lot of people are gonna be expecting massive changes and those people are gonna be very disappointed.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#4 of 54 OFFLINE   AaronMan

AaronMan

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 06:52 AM

I hope they remove the "recap" scene from the beginning of Kill Bill 2. It was the scene with Uma Thurman driving a car telling the audience what happened in the first movie. It was kind of lame.

#5 of 54 OFFLINE   Harpozep

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 07:00 AM

Nice concept. I have no interest unless there is an HD optical disc offered. Will wait it out otherwise.
Best,
Robert

#6 of 54 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 02:04 PM

I am sure they will remove that scene from the FOUR DVD SET.
You can count on it. Posted Image
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#7 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,253 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 06 2007 - 03:26 PM

I like that scene and it works as the opening of Volume Two but it wouldn't make much sense if they keep it in this version.

#8 of 54 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 03:30 PM

I remember reading the script on the internet a years or so before the movie was released, and from memory, I'm pretty sure that was actually the first scene in the script.

#9 of 54 OFFLINE   Mike*Sch

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted July 07 2007 - 06:10 PM

When it played as one movie at Cannes, it was the Japanese versions of the two movies, but without the last scene of Vol. 1 (the bride making her list on the plane), and without the first scene, which you referred to, from Vol. 2. Certainly, a few changes will be made, but if we do see it in the movie, I think it would have to be as Matthew described.
"Oh movies... When will they learn?"
--Max Hegel

#10 of 54 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted July 07 2007 - 09:23 PM

Just in case anyone was interested, I decided to go in search of the script I was talking about. And here it is. It' s an interesting read - it also has the famed "Yuki's Revenge" segment that Tarantino cut before filming, in which Go-Go has a twin sister that tries to take revenge on the Bride for Go-Go's death.

#11 of 54 OFFLINE   Mike*Sch

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 03:59 AM

For a while there, Tarantino was talking about doing "Yuki's Revenge" as an animated sequence, and sticking it back into THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR.
--Max Hegel

#12 of 54 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,090 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 05:00 AM

Ditto. No HD version = NO SALE! Posted Image

Death before Streaming!

#13 of 54 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,140 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, I waited and waited for this, and now they've held off for so long that I'm now into the HD discs. I'm going to pass knowing that eventually this will make it onto one of the HD formats... See Weinstein Co? This is what happens when you sit on something for too long. You lose a customer.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#14 of 54 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 09:06 AM

You gain a customer here. I have no need for the HD version and I'm glad it's coming to regular DVD. Posted Image

#15 of 54 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 11:40 AM

Ya's fancy pants, all a ya's.
I want mine on VHS.

Well, actually S-VHS. Posted Image
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#16 of 54 OFFLINE   pitt_norton

pitt_norton

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 12:07 PM

...please, please, please... please! Be true!

#17 of 54 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 03:45 PM

More "Go Go" is a good thing!!!
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#18 of 54 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 03:49 PM

When other versions of "KB" were announced for home video release, people screamed it was to soon! Now people are saying its too late? "KB" just can't win!
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#19 of 54 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer

• 10,140 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 04:05 PM

No, Weinstein could have won, had they followed the LoTR method, which was to be up front about the upcoming releases, release the theatrical versions and then in a short, pre-announced amount of time, released the extended edition. It didn't help that the Japanese got an extended version not long after the initial U.S. DVD release, but now it's been over a year (perhaps over two I've lost track of time) and some people have moved on to the newer home theater formats. I'm not scorning them for this release, I too am glad it came out. Rather I blame them for sitting on something that they've had in the can for quite a while (and yes, I'm equal opportunity, I'm PO'd at New Line for sitting on the director's cut of Dark City, which should have been released a while ago). If it had taken this long to get the extended edition together that would be one thing, but from what I've read it seems like this has been finished for quite some time. In any case, it's nothing that I have on the actual product. Eventually it will be released on HD, and I'll snap it up when it does. Just expressing my feelings over what I feel was an unnecessary delay. Rather than see my opinion as some attack on the release (which it's not) ask yourself this: would you have purchased this 1-2 years ago? From what I hear, it was ready to go then.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#20 of 54 OFFLINE   Mike*Sch

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted July 08 2007 - 08:01 PM

I think that time has passed.
--Max Hegel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users