Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone remember regular Lifesavers Popsicles?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,389 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 02 2007 - 04:33 PM

They can in a box of four flavors: orange, pineapple, cherry, and lime. The reason I ask, is I've gotten back into popsicles again now that the summer's arrived, and Popsicle brand has ditched their traditional basic artificially flavored and sweetened pops for "naturally flavored" pops (or sugar-free knock-offs of the original with a fraction of the taste). If I wanted to suck on frozen orange juice, I'd use an ice tray.

Also, does anyone know of a brand that makes popsicles that taste similar to lifesavers pops and/or pre-2006 popsicle brand pops?

#2 of 7 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 02 2007 - 05:08 PM

I didn't know they dropped traditional flavors. Idiots. Posted Image I'll have to look at the store, but I'm pretty sure Bluebell puts out a knockoff. I think they do regular bullets and the cream-filled ones. I don't know how far Bluebell goes outside of Texas, though.

I love purple and green. Red gives me a headache. I should have complained to Popsicle and got them to change their line just for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
  • In June of 2006, Popsicles with "Natural Flavors and Colors" were introduced, replacing the original versions. Company spokespeople cited customer requests for "an option without some colors and flavors to which some had allergies" as the reason for the change.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 04 2007 - 12:49 PM

so you want them to go back to the artificial ingrediants and stop with the natural ingrediants
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 7 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 04 2007 - 02:46 PM

I can't speak for Adam, but I certainly do. Thank God for Blue Bell.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,389 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 04 2007 - 05:09 PM

Yes. Or at least offer the artificial flavors and colors as an alternative.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Justin Lane

Justin Lane

Screenwriter

• 2,149 posts

Posted July 04 2007 - 10:37 PM

Usually you can get the store brand popsicles which are cheaper and still use the artificial ingredients.

J

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Tlinkimo

Tlinkimo

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 16 2011 - 09:05 AM

ASK FOR THE REVIVAL OF THEM!!!! http://www.wrigley.c...ntact-form.aspx I am trying to get as many people to request them as possible cause those snacks were epic. They need to wipe the dust off their old recipes and bring them back! :D