What's new

The Return Of Fox (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Greetings Jeff. This is good news. Fox has such a vast and wonderful library. Here's hoping that this re-starts their entry into HD media. :)

One quick note. It appears that Mr. & Mrs. Smith is now available overseas in HD DVD. Wow. Who woulda thought that....

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
While I really like The Return of the living dead, this is not the type of title I would expect to see Fox returning with.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I think Fox is just have some fun at its own expense here...the boys in HI def division prob thought this was the right title to come out with right now hehe

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet, love that film. Hope it pans out to be true and not just a goof on Amazon's part like they did with Borat a while back.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well whenever Fox returns to BD releases I hope they spent this time reassessing their HD strategy. Frankly they can keep their $40 MSRP (which can be had online for $27) as long as PQ is top notch and they include all of the extras included on the SD versions!

While I'd like their MSRP to be lower I don't think that'll happen.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If they don't lower their MSRP they're going to have a lot of product sitting on shelves collecting dust. Assuming, of course, that they really are about to reenter the market.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm with you, in order for this format to grow they need to lower the price of software, especially with catalog titles.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Jeeze...I'm really hoping the Fox will eventually start releasing on both formats.

I went with HD DVD, and neither format has been all that impressive with horror content so far.

I would LOVE to get ROTLD, though.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

Never thought of it that way, Peter! That's funny.

The SE on SDVD has been in the works for months with all-new cast commentary. They probably decided to do a BD day-and-date with the new SE SDVD.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

At 32.95 a copy (slightly less for Americans) I couldn't. I agree with R. Crawford. Catalog prices have to come down enormously if the studios want to see growth in sales. 31.95 for The Cowboys is insane. The store I checked out was charging as much or more for that catalog title as they were for a new release. I don't remember ever seeing the film. It would have been an ideal impulse buy, but at 32 bucks the impulse was gone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You'll have to explain the pricing structure up there north of the border, but I bought The Cowboys for $17.96 from Amazon and it's still available at that price point.

Crawdaddy

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay, I checked out Amazon.ca. They are selling The Cowboys for 25.95 with a MSRP of 31.95. It appears that my local B&M is selling most of their titles at or near MSRP. They probably think they can get away with it due to a general lack of competion. Only two other outlets carry any sizeable number HD DVD or Blu-ray discs. The store I frequent is the only one that carries most of the titles at any given time. Sometimes, even I can 't fathom how they set their prices. Hell, they were selling MI1 for 27, but MI2 was 32. The HD DVD version of MI1 was 32. Maybe a Blu-ray mole? :laugh :

I don't really like mail ordering discs, but I might have to do it more often. Ordering out of the States would cost me C$ 18.97 without shipping. A big enough order and the shipping becomes negligible.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I normally buy from Amazon too Robert, but I did take advantage of Deep Discounts big sale a few weeks back and got The Cowboys for $15.46 shipped. :) Got several others the same too.

Amazon did have a number of BD titles on sale recently. Blu-rays of Rocky, Speed, Flyboys, & Kingdom Of Heaven were all at $22.99-even less with the 10% off.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I haven't been buying from Amazon so much since I discovered that Fry's has most of their HD DVD and Blu-ray discs listed at $19.95. I guess its the impulse shopper in me.

Doug

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yeah, I remember living close to Dallas where there is a big one (2 actually in the metroplex). Where I live now, no local vendor carries any HD media other than Targets handful of titles. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks