What's new

Velvet Revolver - Libertad (July 3) (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Who else is looking forward to this? I wasn't a huge fan of their first record--I loved "Slither" and a few other songs, but most of it was meh. But I've been hearing great things about this one so I'll definitely be picking this up.

I'm a big STP fan, and Axl's vocals are the only thing about GnR that I don't like, so I do like the combination that makes up Velvet Revolver.

Apparently there's going to be a deluxe CD/DVD version too.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

You have perfectly captured why I thought I should love VR. However, the first album really never did anything for me (even after many, many repeated tries). Here's hoping those early reviews of round 2 pan out. :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I actually kind of agree. :) I was expecting much more from the 1st disc. To me, it was "Slash plays STP", but I expected more of a GnR tilt. It seemed too ... polished ... to me. But, I got a Best Buy version (or somewhere) that has a few extra cover tracks on a 2nd disc. (Surrender, No More No More, & Negative Creep.) I heartily recommend this version. That extra disc made the whole thing worthwhile for me.

I am looking forward to the new one though. Just ain't that much good rock and roll being released these days IMO.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I saw them perform on Leno Thursday night and they were just OK for me. To alter what Kevin says above about the current state of rock and roll, there just isn't that much good MAINSTREAM rock and roll being released these days.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Just to update this, looks like it's a Best Buy exclusive for $14.99 (the CD alone is $9.99).

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I got the new one and I've listened to it twice so far. I'm underwhelmed, just like with the 1st one. I keep expecting more, based on GnR's and STP's pasts. Too polished, not rough enough, doesn't reach out and grab me by the nuts, etc. It's good, but I expected more.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I definitely like it more than the first record, but it does suffer from the same thing that sort of ruined Contraband--they start with a bang and go out with a whimper. The first half completely blows away the second. I really like "She Mine," "Get Out the Door," and "She Builds Quick Machines" though.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
yeah ive listened to this cd about 5 times already and i love it twice as much as there first cd.
planning to go see them this fall!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks