Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Natalie Wood on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 OFFLINE   John Skoda

John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
I have never seen Daisy Clover is it any good?

It definitely has its moments. There's a chilling scene where Wood's character has a nervous breakdown in a recording booth in the middle of looping a cheery song for a movie musical.

#22 of 31 OFFLINE   VicB

VicB

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted April 03 2008 - 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVO
Just three films? Usually Warner gives 5 movies for a set.

Let's not forget her final film that had to be wrapped AFTER her controversial death - Brainstorm. Not the best acting on her part but a memorable SciFi (of sorts) film about "tapping into higher brain functions" and what happens as one dies.

Near the end of principal photography Wood was about to film a crucial, climactic scene for the movie when she drowned on November 29, 1981, leaving production in limbo for almost two years. MGM considered offering the rights to Paramount Pictures so the movie could be finished but ultimately Producer/Director Doug Trumbull decided to create an ending using body doubles and Natalie Wood soundalikes along with already-shot footage, completing production for a 1983 release. Stories had Natalie's sister Lana Wood doing certain scenes, but it wasn't really needed. Most of the film had been shot.

#23 of 31 OFFLINE   margaret l

margaret l

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 03 2008 - 02:06 PM

Looks like we have to hope for a 2009 release now. I really would like to see them release Penelope & Sex and the Single Girl.

#24 of 31 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 02:44 AM

For my own part, I'd like to see Rebel Without a Cause and West Side Story released as part of this collection one day. Posted Image

#25 of 31 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockeghem
For my own part, I'd like to see Rebel Without a Cause and West Side Story released as part of this collection one day. Posted Image
There was a nice 2-disc set of West Side Story released a few years ago.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#26 of 31 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty M
There was a nice 2-disc set of West Side Story released a few years ago.
Yeah, sorry about that. I don't mean to imply that there aren't good releases of films out there already. Posted Image

#27 of 31 OFFLINE   KellyVO

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockeghem

Warner Brothers doesn't even own West Side Story...right?
Most Wanted on DVD: Dragonwyck (1946),  Little Nellie Kelly (1940), Bachelor Mother (1939), Tin Pan Alley (1940), Mother Wore Tights (1947), The Devil and Miss Jones (1941),  Penelope (1966)Fox Please release Betty Grable Vol. 2!

#28 of 31 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted October 06 2008 - 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVO
Warner Brothers doesn't even own West Side Story...right?
I had no idea, that is until you mentioned it.

#29 of 31 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted October 06 2008 - 11:32 AM

It's owned by MGM/UA. Natalie was a longtime Warners contract player for roughly a decade (circa 1955-65, the height of her film career), so most of her films, along with her MGM films Penelope, All The Fine Young Cannibals (her only feature film with Robert Wagner), and her final film Brainstorm are under the jurisdiction of Warner Home Video.
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#30 of 31 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted October 06 2008 - 12:22 PM

I hope Warner's Natalie Wood Collection finally comes out in early 2009...a long time coming!
Ken

#31 of 31 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted October 06 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis
It's owned by MGM/UA. Natalie was a longtime Warners contract player for roughly a decade (circa 1955-65, the height of her film career), so most of her films, along with her MGM films Penelope, All The Fine Young Cannibals (her only feature film with Robert Wagner), and her final film Brainstorm are under the jurisdiction of Warner Home Video.
Charles,

Thanks. The information is much appreciated. Posted Image

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow