What's new

Natalie Wood on DVD (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jon Sieruga
I read that Warners is doing a Natalie Wood box-set for later this year: a restored "Splendor in the Grass", "Sex and the Single Girl" and "Inside Daisy Clover." Great movies, but what about "The Girl He Left Behind", "The Burning Hills", "A Cry in The Night" (where Nat gets kidnapped by Raymond Burr!), and "Marjorie Morningstar"? I know you can't have everything :crazy: but I sure hope they don't give up after only three!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'm very much looking forward to this boxset!!!!!!!!!!! Coul the other titles be CASH MCALL and ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS?

Corey

Screenwriter
-Splendor in the Grass SE
-Cash McCall
-All the Fine Young Cannibals
-The Girl He Lef Behind
-Sex and the Single Girl
-Inside Daisy Clover

would be perfect!!!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that Amazon recently got around to putting up a placeholder for Love With The Proper Stranger.
I'm hoping we'll see it some time in 2008 (I could see Paramount scheduling it close to the Warner set).

Marjorie Morningstar was released by Artisan some years back. The disc is awful though. Don't know if it is still in print or not, but I would recommend avoiding it anyway.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Looking forward to SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL (64) - according to the TCM website, it's one of the most requested films for DVD release. It's one of those "so bad, it's great" comedies ;)

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'm surprised that MGM/UA/Fox/Sony have not brought out TOMORROW IS FOREVER yet with Orson Welles and Claudette Colbert. Next to MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET, it is easily Wood's best performance as a child (and also her first speaking part).

Real Name
Jon Sieruga
Read on-line this morning that WB's Natalie Wood box-set is scheduled for 2008 and will only include the restored "Splendor", also "Daisy Clover" and "Sex & the Single Girl". Even if "Splendor" is a 2-disc, awfully slim for a box-set, don't you think?

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Just three films? Usually Warner gives 5 movies for a set.

I have never seen Daisy Clover is it any good?

Real Name
Jon Sieruga
"Daisy Clover" is still available to buy on VHS, and it kinda gripes me that they pick movies already available in another format (versues movies that have never seen the light of day). That said, it's a very interesting movie about the making of a child star, with evil Hollywood managers and agents, Ruth Gordon as Natalie's guardian, and Robert Redford as a love-interest who really likes men. A pretty-looking, well-made movie!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was going to mention this movie. It is a great movie co-starring Steve McQueen. I'm wondering if the movie has been delayed from DVD release because it is a black & white movie.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Warner's also mentioned another SE of a Natalie Wood film for 2008...GYPSY
Hopefully also a BD release as well.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I hope the ones that are rumored to be upcoming in the box set are going to be available individually. I've wanted "Sex & the Single Girl" on DVD for a long time but I'm not familiar with the other titles in the set.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Well, if we are still getting it this year, I'd expect an announcement anytime within the next couple of weeks since any set would almost certainly get released around the time of her birthday which is July 20th (she would have been 70 this year). As far as Bd versions go, Warner said in it's chat in 07 that its policy would be any new 2 disc SEs would also be released on HD as well day and date. Obviously some things have changed since they made that statement (like the demise of HD DVD) so whether that criteria will still be valid come July ( or later) is anyones guess. I will definitely buy any of Natalies film on Bd that I can...and then double dip by buying a boxset to get the other ones.
I think you're right Marty, that the 'problem' with LWTPS is that it's B&W. I still live in hope that this is the year we'll finally get it- if not from Paramount directly then hopefully from Criterion or Legend. Legend is putting out some things I thought I would never see- great to have them coming, but at the same time very frustrating that a great little movie with two huge stars in their prime is still in the vault, dusty and forgotten by the people who own it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks