Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Eureka: Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#1 of 79 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted June 25 2007 - 06:55 AM

So, I saw a promo for this while watching Ghost Hunters recently and got all happy about it: Eureka Season 2 is starting on July 10th! Yay!

I loved this show last year. I thought it was really good - kinda quirky and charming scifi. was anyone else a fan?

Anyone got any ideas about what they will do for this new season?

#2 of 79 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted June 25 2007 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, my wife & I enjoyed this last summer. Actually, summer season for us has some of our favs this year (Big Love, 4400, Eureka, Psych, Nip/Tuck) so I'm glad it's upon us Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#3 of 79 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted June 25 2007 - 07:44 AM

Greetings

And don't forget the BSG Razor preview that will be shown during the premiere. Posted Image

regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#4 of 79 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted June 25 2007 - 11:33 AM

There are a few vague spoilers out there:

http://www.tvguide.c...ureka/070620-23

#5 of 79 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted June 29 2007 - 04:42 AM

OMG, I had not heard that about the possibility of a Razor preview during Eureka. That is *fantastic* news. I am super excited about that....how long is it supposed to be?

As to those TV Guide spoilers, they are pretty vague but they sound good to me so far. Wonder what they are going to do with Henry now? I wish there were more about Jack and Allison, though 'cause I think that they are really cute.

#6 of 79 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted June 29 2007 - 07:20 AM

I'm looking forward to Eureka's return. It was one of the more pleasant suprises of last season.

#7 of 79 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted July 06 2007 - 12:58 PM

I am really digging these new Eureka commercials.

"Friends don't let Friends destroy reality."

And I think I need one of those Tooth Bombs.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#8 of 79 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted July 06 2007 - 06:58 PM

I LOVE this show. I picked up Season 1 on DVD. I am glad that SciFi picked up another season.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#9 of 79 OFFLINE   Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted July 09 2007 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Clack
I LOVE this show. I picked up Season 1 on DVD. I am glad that SciFi picked up another season.

Same here - I like the "Made In Eureka" blurb on the packaging, too.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 of 79 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 09 2007 - 10:12 AM

Ha, in that vein - have y'all seen the Made in Eureka website? It's pretty entertaining with all the gadgets that might have been "made" in Eureka and some of them are really cool (their version of an iPhone is funny.)

Looking forward to tomorrow night for sure.

#11 of 79 OFFLINE   Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 05:27 AM

Can't wait for tonight's new episode .... just wish SciFi had an HD channel (or maybe Universal HD will pick it up sometime soon ....)

Bryan

#12 of 79 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 02:03 PM

Wow, the ending was really dark for a show thats usually quirky and upbeat, but it was a pretty good return.

#13 of 79 OFFLINE   Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted July 10 2007 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_H
Wow, the ending was really dark for a show thats usually quirky and upbeat, but it was a pretty good return.

I was thinking the same thing. What made it especially disturbing was the fact that it's one of the show's most likable characters taking that unexpected turn towards the dark side. Season 2 should be fun a ride. They've already shook things up enough in the season premiere to provide a solid foundation for an arc to run through the 13 new episodes. Posted Image

#14 of 79 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 01:37 AM

I hope that what Nathan went through in this episode damaged the little spy gadget that Beverly put in him last season. I wonder how long everyone else in Eureka is going to be oblivious to what she is doing?

Neil

#15 of 79 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,590 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 05:04 AM

Where are they going to go with Henry?
Make him a total bastard to the Sheriff?
Try to get revenge on him or his family?
Make him build another time machine or universe altering device?
Join forces with Beverly?

At this point we no longer have a good, honest scientist anywhere in Eureka.

#16 of 79 OFFLINE   Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 05:32 AM

While I agree this episode was darker than most of Season 1, I don't think it's as drastic as most people seem to think (the Eureka boards over on scifi.com are up in arms over the "darker" tone). I don't think Henry is necessarily going to "get revenge" or have a lot of animosity towards Jack. As he said, he intellectually understood that he did what he had to do to save everyone. Now, emotionally, he may or may not get over it, but I think Henry's smart enough to try and separate that out. While I was surprised that he didn't turn the memory device on himself, I think he's going back to GD to try and find a better solution to the time-travel problem that was encountered in the season finale. Since Jack doesn't remember anything about the alternate timeline now, I have a feeling things will be (mostly) normal between them. Henry just seems more devoted to trying to get Kim back (one way or the other) than to causing any harm to Jack.

Having said all that, I am kind of impressed how they carried through the plot of the season finale ...Had it ended on a cliffhanger, I could have seen it coming back but since Jack had essentially resolved the problem, I figured it might be mentioned briefly. It turns out it may be one of the major arcs of this season.

#17 of 79 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,590 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 05:56 AM

Did the show's video quality also seem very dark with muted colors? It seemed much worse than the normal SciFi channel overcompression issues. It had a very "other worldly" look to it like they were in yet another alternate timeline.

#18 of 79 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, I like the fact that the story continues.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#19 of 79 OFFLINE   Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 06:56 AM

Wow - I was really not expecting that ending, though maybe I should have when Henry didn't wipe his own memory first, but that was a really way to set up the rest of the season! I definitely am looking forward to seeing what they do with Henry after this, what he gets involved with, and how he ends up treating Jack, who won't understand anymore if Henry is so angry. I wonder how he will handle that, if he does blame Jack? Will this be about a revenge type thing, or about trying to find another way to save Kim?

And yet... I mean, I LOVE episodes like last season's finale (where the hero has to give up something they love to keep the world together somehow - like Angel's I Will Remember You, or that classic Star Trek ep I can't remember the name of), so I'm really really happy that they are going to keep having the events of that episode, and of the future timeline affect this season, I think it is going to set up a great arc now, instead of being a one-off thing. I thought it was great.

#20 of 79 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,554 posts

Posted July 11 2007 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
or that classic Star Trek ep I can't remember the name of
I think that was “City on the Edge of Forever”.

I believe Henry's wiping of Carter's mind has nothing to do with revenge, and everything to do with saving Kim. Henry wiped Carter's mind just so he could be free to discover/pursue another method to save Kim. He could have wiped Carter's memories without Carter's consent, but Henry's unfailing decency prevented him from doing that. Still, Henry's explanation was a ruse (and, for our sake, expository), since he never intended to turn the device on himself. He just wanted Carter to quit looking over his shoulder, ever on the ready to stop another Universe-Unraveling event. The job he seeks at Global Dynamics is merely a way to gain access to more sophisticated equipment – or even to the artifact itself – in order to facilitate his goal of saving Kim.

Carter has nothing to fear from Henry in the way of revenge, and I strongly suspect we haven't seen the last of Kim.

Hey, here's a thought: what if every season ended with Kim dying as a result of Henry's multiple heartfelt, but failed, attempts to save her? Kim could become the new Kenny. Posted Image
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

Forum Nav Content I Follow