• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted June 22 2007 - 03:44 PM

In response to a question from me at the Shout! Factory message board, Brian Ward of Shout! said that they have completed work on Season 2 of McHale's Navy this week.(no release date yet.)

The S2 set will include interviews with Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway.

Brian Ward also said they would have included the original pilot "Seven Against The Sea" on S1 if they could have licenced a good-quality master.

Ward also said he would like to include the two theatrical movies, "McHale's Navy" and "McHales Navy Joins The Air Force" as part of future McHale's Navy season sets extras. But it's a rights issue that still has to be looked into. "We'll see,though", he said.

#2 of 9 JeffT.

JeffT.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted June 23 2007 - 01:23 AM

Thank you for this most welcomed information of which I (personally) had little doubt that there would be further DVD releases of the other remaining seasons.

I still feel that Universal Studios Home Entertainment will (likely) release the two MCHALES'S NAVY feature films though...but as long as quality video source elements are used it really doesn't matter who ultimately does I suppose!

How about consolidating any further information pertaining to either the MCHALE'S NAVY tv series orthe two feature films under my MCHALE'S NAVY discussion thread which has a nice banner still on the initial message post thereby keeping both in the public eye simultaneously?

MCHALE'S NAVY FEATURE FILMS (Click Here).

Jeff T.

#3 of 9 David Lambert

David Lambert

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,377 posts

Posted June 23 2007 - 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gu
(no release date yet.)

Sure there is! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 9 Firebee

Firebee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted June 23 2007 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert

Hooray! I went and searched for Amazon's pre-order listing as soon as I saw this e-mail alert, and here it is!

http://www.amazon.co....2645202&sr=1-4

Already put mine in! Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#5 of 9 Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 01:39 AM

Anyone looking to pick up season 2 of "McHale's Navy" might want to try Daedalus Books where it's being remaindered at $9.98. Shipping is on the high side ($5.95), but is good for as many items as you might care to order. There are some other vintage TV-on-DVD remainders from Shout! Factory including season 1 of "The Bill Cosby Show" for $12.98, the two-disc versions of "Ironside" (seasons 1 & 2) for $7.98 each and a couple of single disc samplers of "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet" and "That Girl" for $3.98 each. There are also some TV-on-DVD releases from A&E. Here's the link for season 2 of McHale's Navy.

Daedalus Books Online - McHale's Navy

#6 of 9 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 05:30 AM

I think you guys are incorrect on this one. Amazon.com has Seasons 2,3 and 4 listed on their site and they're listed as being from Shout Factory. They're in stock and available for purchase:

Amazon.com: "McHale's Navy TV Series"

#7 of 9 jamoon2006

jamoon2006

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 05:36 AM

I may be wrong, but I think Bob only added to this thread to mention the Daedalus sale on McHale's Navy...not to suggest that only two seasons of McHale's Navy had been released. At the time of the last post, the subsequent seasons hadn't been released.

P.S. - Thanks for the heads-up, Bob! I was able to pick up the six A&E sets of Secret Agent and the whole run of Danger Man for less than $100! Posted Image

#8 of 9 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 05:54 AM

:lol:

#9 of 9 Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoon2006
I may be wrong, but I think Bob only added to this thread to mention the Daedalus sale on McHale's Navy...not to suggest that only two seasons of McHale's Navy had been released. At the time of the last post, the subsequent seasons hadn't been released.

P.S. - Thanks for the heads-up, Bob! I was able to pick up the six A&E sets of Secret Agent and the whole run of Danger Man for less than $100! Posted Image

That's correct, Jack. I just wanted to share a good deal with the group here at HTF. And, for the record, Daedalus is only carrying season 2 currently. Who knows, maybe they'll add other seasons in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow