What's new

Sleeping Beauty BD - 2008 (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Until all studios (BD, HD DVD, and neutral alike) prove otherwise with their actions, all future HD release announcements will be met by me with my fingers in my ears and me saying, "Nah, nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you"! ;)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Pretty Hot, but considering how recently Sleeping Beauty hit DVD, I wouldn't think it was time for this one to cycle around again.
Not that I'm complaining...

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Here's hoping it is in the correct Technirama70 aspect ratio this time with less cropping!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Disney cracks me up. So many promoted titles, so little actually delivered.

Once they start actually releasing catalog titles, then I'll get excited.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I agree. While I certainly would love to buy a High Def copy of 'Sleeping Beauty', this is one I will not be holding my breath for.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it is a shame how jaded I have become regarding HD software announcements. While my wife disagrees, Sleeping Beauty has always been one of my personal favorites as far as Disney animation is concerned, so, by all rights, I should be a lot more excited about this than I am given the realities of the marketplace.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Eventually all the Disney catalog will show up on BD. It's just a matter of how long to get there.

So let's just relax with a sense of optimism that Disney is processing this one in their boardrooms... and wait to see when that official announcement, and release, actually happen...

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Take that post with a ton of sea salt, as after more than ten years "all the Disney catalog" has not shown up on SD DVD. The estimated life span for HD Disc is ten years. Heck, if you ask DaViD he'll tell you he & his insides know M$ is killing off HD Discs tomorrow!

Like "The Scarecrow" is coming out on BD in "just a matter of time"!!!

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Please cut us some slack. You know that eventually all the Disney catalog will not show up on BD. You can't just post such obvious pro-one-format stuff, w/o getting called on it. Would you "cut me some slack", if I posted Uni is releasing their entire catalog on HD DVD?

No hard feelings, just didn't want anyone reading your post to think "all the Disney catalog would be on BD". Song of the South, anyone?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
More slack (needed):

Eventually all the Disney catalog will show up on HD DVD. It's just a matter of how long to get there.

:)

Cees

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'll be very interested to see how HD benefits 2D animation- will we actually see the brush strokes on the cells- or will all these things be scrubbed clean so as not to make this look like a something that was actually made by human beings (human technology being so 20th century and all).

Aside from Bambi, I've been disappointed with almost every single Disney platinum release I've seen so far.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Just for the record, I thought "The Lion King" and "Aladdin" transfers were both stunning ... and more than representative of what we saw in the theaters. And the two-disc "Pocahontas" and "Lady and the Tramp" re-issues were both more than worth the double-dip.

IMHO, the rest were usually good but not great. It's a *real shame* that "Beauty and the Beast" wasn't better.

Speaking as a HD-DVD owner, I'm really looking forward to re-purchasing all of these in Hi-Def. It's just a shame that I'll have to purchase either a Blu-ray or combo player in order to be able to do that ... (But, wait!! Perhaps Disney will embrace "TotalHD"!? ;))

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Cees,

Whew!

I didn't mean to state that 100% of every single catalog title will show up on *any* format... after all... we many never see Song Of The South. ;)

My use of "all" was in the usual sense... that all the Disney stuff we see on DVD will eventually move over to HD media or whatever is next...

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Well then, let's be perfectly clear....

As of right now, there is 0% chance of *any* Disney film being released on HD DVD.

How's that Ed? :laugh:

Eric F

Screenwriter
It's not like Disney doesn't already have HD transfers available. They've already run Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, etc, etc, on ABC-HD over the past number of years.

Sleeping Beauty by far was among their best looking classic transfers. The Lion King was their best looking of the newer bunch.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
While Sleeping Beauty is absolutely beautiful to look at, imo the movie itself is a bore, except for Malecifent, but I would loved to bored with it in Hi-Def.
I have to think that Disney would not change their trickle-down method of releasing movies just for Hi-Def.
Let's see Lion King or The Incredibles by what 2010? or download from DisneyNet.net?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks