Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hardy Boys Season 2 - King Tut's Tomb episode sound question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   beatlejam

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted June 18 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hi gang,

I just got Season 2 of The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries today. I noticed on the episode "The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb" on disc one that there are several static and other "noise" problems, especially at the beginning of the episode with the boys in the van and the men and the girl in the pyramid.

I'm trying to determine if my disc is defective or if this couldn't be helped and is on everybody's set.

Can you guys confirm for me? Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   beatlejam

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted June 28 2007 - 05:40 PM

Nobody responded when I originally posted this topic over a week ago. But for those who may be interested, I did hear officially from Universal regarding this issue. Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

We researched your inquiry and have determined that the issues you described are present on the 30-year old master film of "The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew," Season 2. In creating DVD releases of older films and television series, we use the best film elements available in the Universal Studios archives.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will continue to enjoy our releases.

Sincerely,
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts

Posted June 30 2007 - 07:26 PM

Gee, I guess Universal didn't want to shell out a few $$$ to solve the problem before mastering the discs.

Heck,some simple noise reduction work could have made it less noticeable!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted November 06 2007 - 03:13 AM

Both season 1 and 2, are now on sale at amazon for a mindblowing, 15.99 each !!!!!!!!!!! Just ordered season 2, which I didnt have yet.
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.