What's new

I Love Lucy lost scenes and show DVD now available!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy

Lucy's really Lost moments is now available on DVD!!! I had been wanting a lost episodes and scenes DVD and this one is pretty good, I also like the feature that you can choose to watch the entire set is color or black and white.. Watching I love lucy in color is GREAT, I always kind of wondered what the show would look like in color with the apartment, clothing and Lucy's bright red hair. And I really enjoyed the rare guest appearance with Bob Hope on the "I love Lucy" show as he played the part as Ricky and Ricky played another cast member because that was an entire "I Love Lucy episode.

This is a great set and I recommend any Lucy fan picking this set up because it is unbelievably good and you get several hours with this set which is well worth the $10 price tag. You can purchase this set anywhere online now, through Amazon or Deep Discount DVD and free shipping through Deep Discount as no minimium amt required like Amazon. I have yet to find this copy in any department store that I have been to so far.

The box reads:

The legendary Lucille Ball as you've never seen her before! Laugh along with Lucy and Desi in these extremely rare television appearances, beautifully restored and in color! Includes a rare appearance of the I Love Lucy cast on the Bob Hope Show and the lost Lucy pilot. A must-have collection of gems from the first lady of comedy!

~The I Love Lucy cast on The Bob Hope Show.
~Rarely-seen Westinghouse special with Lucy and Desi.
~Segment with Lucy on the game show I've Got a Secret with panelist Johnny Carson.
~A long-lost pilot featuring Lucy and directed by Desi.

OVER ONE HOUR OF SPECIAL FEATURES!!

~Six rare trailers featuring Lucille Ball .
~Lucy and Desi guest appearance on What's My Line.
~Desi Arnaz guest appearance on I've Got A Secret, with Lucy on the panel.
~Several TV promos.
~Bloopers and behind-the-scenes footage.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
This is one of those compilations put out by LEGEND FILMS - they also put out the authorized releases of "The Shirley Temple Storybook" anthology series (mastered from the ORIGINAL 2 inch COLOR Videotapes!)

I've seen the previews for this on their website - not bad. Their Colorization is top notch.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Let's get technical. These don't seem to be lost scenes from I Love Lucy. They are simply appearances the cast members made on other shows.

The subject line of this thread really should be changed (and shortened).

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
The episode with Bob Hope starring the role as Ricky in one episode is really a lost show, an entire show.. Sooo neat!

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Just a bump to note this DVD is being found at Big Lots stores for $3.00 (ymmv.) Whether you're :emoji_thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: on the colorization issue, this is a fascinating release, including much television history.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I also picked one up at Big Lots for 3 bucks.

I really liked the behind-the-scenes footage of her at Sea World filming an episode for The Lucy Show when she's in the water with the dolphins. One of dolphins got a little frisky. It went on for several minutes.

The Bob Hope Show segment was entertaining, but I don't think they filmed it on the actual I Love Lucy show set. I think it's a recreation--and a very good one at that. Bob mentions that his show airs on NBC and Lucy is on "another network" and the reason he got the Lucy cast to come over was because he guested on her show.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Thanks everybody for contributing to this thread. I would have missed out on this little gem if it were not publicized here. I picked up my own copy for $3 at Big Lots and am thrilled with the quality. It is very nice that the disc has options for original black and white or colorized, and the picture quality is excellent with both options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks