What's new

The 4400 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The fourth season starts tonight. I guess this can be the thread for the new season's discussion.

I'm looking forward to picking up this story again.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited about this :) I really enjoy summer seasons, this and Eureka are on my list :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I agree with both, but I'm a little wary about this season of the 4400. With how last season ended, I feel like it might be made a little more difficult for the writers. I kind of hope they go back to feeling more like seasons 1 and 2 which I thought were much better than season 3 (which was still good anyway), but I doubt they will.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I will be taping and saving the first few episodes of this season to watch later. I am 1/3 of the way into season 3 on DVD, and will be caught up soon.

Anyone know why tonight's premiere is only 1 hour? Seasons 2 and 3 had two-hour premieres, or 13 hours for the season. How many hours will season 4 be? Any word on this being the final season?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's probably just how USA had room to schedule it this year - even if the other years had two-hour premieres, they were likely two single episodes glued together. I'm guessing that it's just a matter of them having the same number of episodes in this batch as they had of The Dead Zone, or wanting to use The 4400 as a platform to launch Burn Notice later on.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really? I thought each season has been an evolutionary step forward. Season 3 was by far the best for me.

This season is exploring totally different places, it seems like. Color me intrigued; I enjoyed the season premiere much better than that debacle for "The Dead Zone"

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. So Collier does have a power.....?? Very interesting - and would he have used it except for the fact that this kid was stepping on his "territory".. ??? And who was the girl that Kyle was talking to in the park - I'm assuming (since she seemed to know all the details about Shaun) that she was some sort of manifestation of Kyle's own ability??? Thoughts???

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I really liked that storyline though because it summed up where this season could go: what happens to all the people who now enable themselves with powers... ?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. The thing that made my draw drop with that shocker of a season finale last season was the knowledge that "...this changes everything." It was nice to see that everything indeed did change.

I also thought it was brave to keep Skouris storyline on the bench instead of having Diana — with Maia in tow — starting back at NTAC once the new season started. Even though Diana arrived back in Seattle at the end, she's clearly going to be doing her own thing for a while. Meanwhile, Maia (wow, did Conchita Campbell grow a foot since the season finale?) seems to really like Europe AND Ben and seems to be out of the picture for the immediate future. Things got really scattered by that season finale and I'm glad this season is letting them play out naturally.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought this was a pretty good episode. Wow, Maia looks a ton older though, huh?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I watched this again and something dawned on me. It's obvious that Collier is still near to Seattle. But more importantly, he was able to very quickly react to the news and had awareness. And in his message he acted as "The Shepherd" that he would guide them through troubled times ahead.

What made me wonder about this was what Isabelle said: "If you knew what I know now..." When Tom walked through the art gallery and saw the painting, he knew that she was in a different time, more then a hundred years ago.

In the end, what was real, what had been altered? I may be reading a lot into it, but that combined with the "ripples in the pond" bit.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Clearly, whatever difference Alana's abduction made — and it was clearly a much smaller difference than when Maia and the other kids were abducted in "Gone" last season since there's no moon colonies now — it happened at the end of last season. Isabelle, apparently de-bitchified since getting syringed, initially intended to spare Tom's hope. Later, she must have decided that he deserved to know.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Y'know... I think I needed a longer "Previously on..." I couldn't remember half of what happened last season. And especially Isabelle's father. I can't remember how his storyline ended at all. I assume he wanted off the show?

How did Shawn get in the coma?

Did Isabelle put him that way?

How and when did they get her captured?

I think they needed to rerun the final episode before the new season began! Is there a summary somewhere?

Oh, and I'll miss Alana!

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I had the last episode of last season DVR'd. It was on last week some time.

Isabelle put Shawn in the coma when she read his mind to find the location of the stolen Promicin. When Isabelle got there it was a trap and an explosion was set of. Isabelle went to the 4400 school to kill kids as a way to get to Collier and was eventually taken down by Richard who injected her with the syringe Tom had from the future. Without her powers she wait straight to jail.

At the end of the episode Diane goes to Spain with Maia, Alana is abducted, Tom's son and Diane's both get their hands on Promicin. Richard is shown leaving in disguise. Didn't know he had left the show.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
hey if you go to http://www.the4400.com they have a bunch of info on everything going on .. the homepage also has the season 3 finale available for viewing so you can catch up and answer all your questions.. I might have to do it too because I can't remember everything that happened either...

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good episode and good start to the season.

USA had actually been airing season 3 recently late at night (I think late Wednesdays). At least I caught the last 3 or four episodes. The last episode was on just last week, I believe. I'm glad I caught it before seeing the season premier.

Ryland didn't make an appearance. I hope his character is still here (like another character who is still here but didn't appear in the episode).

The story has been progressing nicely each year, so I'm really interested to see where this season takes us.

So you came in here to post that you won't be posting in here. Ok, great. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks