Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Flashdance Special Edition in September

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Corey

Corey

Screenwriter

• 1,412 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 10:46 AM

Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Flashdance (Special Collector’s Edition) on 18th September 2007. Jennifer Beals stars as Alex Owens, a fiercely determined 18-year-old with one all-consuming dream: to study at the Pittsburgh Conservatory of Dance. Working during the day as a welder and at night as an exotic dancer. Alex bravely pursues her dream, undertaking an unforgettable journey that reveals the power of her convictions and teaches her the meaning of love.

Extras include:

* The History of the Flashdance
* The Look of Flashdance
* Flashdance: Music and Songs
* Flashdance: The Choreography
* Releasing the Flashdance Phenomenon
* Teaser Trailer
* Theatrical Trailer
* TV Spot
Corey's most wanted R1 dvds:

Little Darlings (1980), My Cousin Rachel (1952), The Deep Blue Sea (1955), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), Born to Be Bad (1950), Ivy (1947), Reckless (1935), Springtime in the Rockies (1942), The Barretts of Wimpole Street

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 12:52 PM

Alright! I've been secretly hoping that they would upgrade this title. I'm glad I held off on buying it. It's a favorite movie of mine...I even quoted it (sort of) in my yearbook quote section when I graduated in 2001.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

It would've been cool, though, if Paramount made a deal with Lions Gate' so they could include the "Flashdance"-inspired video "Ultraflash", which also featured scantily clad women interpreting 80s dance songs.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 14 2007 - 06:18 PM

I won't lie, I'm excited. Absolute guilty pleasure for me, I admit that I even own the soundtrack on remastered CD. That and Footloose were my fave soundtracks of the 80's

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted June 15 2007 - 06:06 AM

HD DVD afterwards yay!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 12:51 AM

Does anyone know if this is a remaster?
I've got my own Toto

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Esten

Esten

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 04:48 PM

It looks a little better than what i saw of the old disc, but I'm not sure if they used noise reduction on the video or what. It looks a little smoothed-over.

The video featurettes are good, but the only thing that's sorely missing from this disc is a Lyne commentary. Not sure why he wouldn't have done one.

Anyone else hate these awful disc hubs? The movie disc was free-floating in the case when I got it. No damage though.