What's new

Rescue Me season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Just figured I'd let anyone who was interested know that the new season of Rescue Me starts tonight on FX.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Thanks. I knew it was coming up, but had forgotten it was this week and hadn't set the DVR. Will have to do that when I get home. (Boy I miss my TiVo - coulda done this from the office right after posting this. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that Rescue Me returns tonight on FX at the 10-spot (with a 6-8 minute over-run).

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I can't wait.

I just finished season 3 on bluray yesterday and could not stop laughing...I had forgotten how funny this show is.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The thing I love most about this show is that it can be in one minute hilarious and the next minute heart-wrenching. I thought tonight's premiere was very good and should be another great season, taking it's place as one of the best shows on television.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Speaking of blu-ray [segue to HD], anyone know if Dishnetwork's moving FX down a channel has anything to do with a possible HD FX channel in the offing?

It's so maddening that Rescue Me, The Shield, The Riches, etc are so good, but you can't see them in HD until they come out on disc.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

unless, you're Canadian and have Showcase HD; they broadcast Rescue Me in High Def. But I doubt Season 4 will be around until next year or so.

at any rate, I'm suprised how GOOD this show still is in its fourth season. Last nights episode was great, i thought, and I'm curious to see where everyone's story lines go this year.

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator

In the past, Showcase starts to run the new Rescue Me series around the end of the 3rd or 4th week of August.

I'm looking forwared to seeing it in HD this year.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Wow what a soap opera this show has turned into. I'm surprised that some of the people that play these characters haven't moved on to other shows, I would of expected a lot of them to want raises due to the success of the show.

Given that I think there are too many characters to fit in this series. Everyone has their own storyline and I just feel i'm watching afternoon soaps.

I'll see how the show grows this season, I just hope the writers get a little more focused.

Paul

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Diane Farr (Larua Miles, the female firefighter from the first couple of seasons) moved on to Numbers on CBS. Andrea Roth (Tommy's wife Janet) did a couple of guest shots on the original CSI as a sheriff's deputy and the producers have said they'd love to have her back, but she was committed elsewhere.

I would guess that a combination of the dramatic quality of the series and the roles plus a preference for living and shooting in New York have led most of the actors to stick with the show, despite the fact that basic cable originals do pay less than network shows. It isn't always about the money.

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found the 2nd episode this season to be a little messy and unfocused, although the spank bank discussion towards the end of the episode to be really funny.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

damn, I had no idea there was such bad blood on the set. The chief's death baffled me and i thought it made no sense for the character and this sheds more light on it.

So far, this season has sucked to me. There are the usual funny scenes and jokes, but it is just not clicking like the first 3 seasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I'm not really feeling it this season for Rescue Me, either. There's just something unappealing about Tommy's situation at home that's just thrown the early episodes off-kilter for me.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

I guess when you can write yourself out of every situation in a show it will always work in your favor.

I know what you mean about this season isn't doing much for me. Yea the jokes are there. The whole thing where all these unattractive guys are scoring with young beautiful women just isn't believable.

Paul

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I agree. For some reason the show is a little "flat". The jokes and drama are there but something is missing that I can't quite put my finger on.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Is it me or did it look like they used a different girl to play the younger daughter in last night's episode? Even comparing it to the previews for next week's episode, they didn't look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks