Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Use my Lexicon DC-1 as a Stereo Preamp?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   -=GS=-

-=GS=-

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted June 12 2007 - 09:11 AM

I know what you are thinking, sounds like a little bit of a waste huh? Well after seeing what the going rate on DC-1's are these days (next to nothing) I have decided to keep it and use it in my office as a stereo pre-amp. I'll have my computer as well as a tuner run into it for now. I know there are most likely better alternatives for this but it seems to me that I would be paying for something I already have if I bought a dedicated 2ch stereo preamp. Am I correct to think this? I don't watch movies on my computer just listen to music and would like a nice 2.1 setup.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   MikeNg

MikeNg

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted June 12 2007 - 02:32 PM

Well, it seems to me that it's not a waste if you already own the thing - you're just redeploying it in another location. Yes, it's being underutilized but hey, it's yours! You are right. For what you can get for it, you'll just end up getting another preamp that *might* be as clean as the Lexi, or not. Now, if you decided to sell your pre/pro AND amp, and got a tight little integrated number (tubes even!), then you may be on to something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users