What's new

Columbo: Going out-of-print?! (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
In late May Best Buy had a nice sale on all seasons of Columbo and I picked them all up but season three, which wasn't on the shelf. BB issued me a rain check and I've been waiting for a restock. Today I asked a management-level store employee to see what the status of season three is and was told it's been discontinued! No information in their system about a possible new version, either.

I'll be picking it up for slightly more money during the Deep Discount sale as it's listed as still in stock there, but I wonder what's up?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Season 3 is still showing at Universal's site and there's no indication one way or the other that it's going out of print.

http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=35560

Universal doesn't have a very good track record for completing series on DVD but, save for some of the later TV movies, here's a case where they did, suggesting that "Columbo" has been a good seller for them. Though I suppose it's possible, I'd really be surprised if Universal stopped offering "Columbo." Maybe they're just temporarily halting manufacture of the title until they can thin inventories a bit.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't believe a word of it ... store chains are always discontinuing DVD titles to make room for more DVD times coming out ... Target does the same thing. That doesdn't mean that the studio has discontinued the item ...

The Best Buy site still lists it, most likely, and the store near me also still sells all of the sets ... I'm just waiting for them to re-stock Season 3 so I can complete my series ...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have noticed that my BB doesnt carry Columbo season 3 anymore. Thats the one on DVD 18s. They dont carry many, if any of Universals problem sets. I would love for that season to be repressed on single sided discs like the others. Hey, they did it with Northern Exposure season 1 and 2...maybe huh?

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I went to three BB stores in the N. Texas area when they had their late May $19.99 per season sale and was not able to find S3 as well. I was able to purchase S4 only, having purchased the first two seasons at a prior sale.

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
You can get it from deepdiscount.com for close to $21 including shipping and no tax. Use code dealcatcher to get 20% off the price. Sale ends the 16th.

Just completed my set. Love the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks